Shoutbox

Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery (/showthread.php?tid=28503)

Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by MessEnGer on 07-11-2004 at 03:12 PM

Why do i do such things argh piece of ****
after i  installed messenger discovery

i cnt sign in searched the forums but didnt find anything

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=275774#pid275774

i did exactly wht it says to do here to uninstall it didnt wrk

now i've uninstalled but my msn doesnt sign in anymore

please help

P.S. i can sign on to windows messenger but not on msn messenger

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by RebelSean on 07-11-2004 at 03:39 PM

Well, try this

Uninstall messenger discovery> re-install msn messenger> reboot

And if that does not help, try looking at the replies in this thread. Ther is some helpfull information there.
Project Lithium f****d up my msn messenger

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by kao on 07-11-2004 at 04:16 PM

check options > privacy for a proxy, if one is there then turn it off :rolleyes:

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by MessEnGer on 07-11-2004 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
check options > privacy for a proxy, if one is there then turn it off :rolleyes:

Proxy is off

i've tried reinstalling msn messenger

still can't log in
RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by kao on 07-11-2004 at 04:53 PM

ok well get This tool to change the server MSN Messenger uses to sign you in, should fix the problem

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Vantage on 07-11-2004 at 05:00 PM

if he gets that he wont be able to acess his old e-mail account :P

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Varish on 07-11-2004 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
if he gets that he wont be able to acess his old e-mail account

Nop, he can use MSN as normal....i mean he can use his old email. :P
RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Vantage on 07-11-2004 at 05:03 PM

yes but being on a diffrent server will then mean His e-mails will not be saved onto that account on that server

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by MessEnGer on 07-11-2004 at 05:11 PM

Tried everything said here

nothign seems to work

why does this happen after installing  dicovery messenger

does discovery messenger leave any registry file tht i need to delete manually ??

please help

thnk you

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by CookieRevised on 07-11-2004 at 05:30 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
quote:
if he gets that he wont be able to acess his old e-mail account
Nop, he can use MSN as normal....i mean he can use his old email. :P
Indeed...
quote:
yes but being on a diffrent server will then mean His e-mails will not be saved onto that account on that server
No... that has nothing todo with the server you connect to.

Even so, you can set the server back to the original with that program...

[ON TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer
Does discovery messenger leave any registry file tht i need to delete manually ??

Dunno about that, I never installed it, but I found this about Project Lithium (=Discovery in early stage):

quote:
Originally posted by TheDude in this thread
It's done the same to me: I cannot sign in on one of my account now using MSN Messenger now that I have uninstalled it.  I have tried everything suggested in this thread but to no avail, help!

Edit: Found the solution:

Lithium will only feck up some of your passport accounts for one of your programs (the combination of passport and program you log in with).  To fix the "broken" passport delete all of c:\documents and settings\yourprofilename\application data\microsoft\msn messenger.   I deleted everything in there and it let me log in with MSN Messenger on the account it had previously not.

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Vantage on 07-11-2004 at 05:32 PM

obviously it doesn't work on that server, dude look ive done it before i go into one server ah my e-mails are there, i change servers, go into MSN Messenger click to check my e-mail and nothings there. none of the folders i saved :P try it

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Millenium_edition on 07-11-2004 at 05:36 PM

vantage, that's not possible. your emails are stored on a global server...
and the program is useless since messengerdiscovery just changes the SOCKS settings, nothing more ;)

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by MessEnGer on 07-11-2004 at 05:37 PM

it works :banana: i  deleted all of c:\documents and settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\msn messenger.

as one of my friend told me to  . and now it works .

:)

RE: RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Vantage on 07-11-2004 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
vantage, that's not possible. your emails are stored on a global server...
and the program is useless since messengerdiscovery just changes the SOCKS settings, nothing more ;)

well thats not what it does for me, i have just did it twice to make sure before i even posted
RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by Millenium_edition on 07-11-2004 at 05:48 PM

rofl, try using the SAME username and password :)

RE: Can't sign in after installing messeger discovery by eckocomplex on 07-12-2004 at 04:34 AM

This is a problem in older versions of MD, I'm allways updating my site (http://www.huuf.net/prjlithium) with the new versions. Problem is that sites re-distribute MD don't update when I do (if at all) and users get stuck with buggy old versions.