Shoutbox

New Feature : Custom name : Display name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New Feature : Custom name : Display name (/showthread.php?tid=28509)

New Feature : Custom name : Display name by ar3p on 07-11-2004 at 06:00 PM

Most of my friends are not using thier name for the DISPLAY NAME. Some put 'I'm back!!!" or 'Hate you very much..' for that. They use the DISPLAY NAME as STATUS to express thier feelings and that is so annoying. The CUSTOM NAME function in Plus is really helpful but at the same time I still want to see thier DISPLAY NAME (STATUS). Does MSN has that kind of function like what Yahoo Messenger does?

Custom name : Display name

eg:

ar3p : all i want to do is..shopping...

Thanks.

RE: New Feature : Custom name : Display name by CookieRevised on 07-11-2004 at 06:18 PM

You can use some two of the Plus!-tags in your custom names, (!N) and (!M)...

In that way you can create for example:
Contacts email: "blah@mail.com"
Contacts display name: "I'm home"
Contacts real name: "John"

Custom name you can give to him: "John: (!N)"
This will output as "John: I'm home"

or

Custom name you can give to him: "((!M)) (!N)"
This will output as "(blah@mail.com) I'm home"

or

etc...

RE: New Feature : Custom name : Display name by ar3p on 07-11-2004 at 07:37 PM

It works!!!!!
thanks a lot CookieRevised

RE: New Feature : Custom name : Display name by Islander on 07-11-2004 at 10:39 PM

Wow, great. I like that a lot, should be somewhere in a FAQ or Tutorial.
Or is it ? :$

RE: New Feature : Custom name : Display name by CookieRevised on 07-11-2004 at 11:09 PM

Not realy, I was the first who suggested that feature (* sorry, bragging :$), so that's why I knew it... but to "discover" similar things you could always read the official faqs and help pages and put two things together and try stuff out (and read the forums of course)....

http://www.msgplus.net/help.php

;)

RE: New Feature : Custom name : Display name by M-Head on 07-14-2004 at 10:50 AM

I once wanted that feature, and now it has been provided for!

Have a cookie, Cookie (I bet you've heard that one so many times you've lost count) and of course Patchou.