Shoutbox

help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: help (/showthread.php?tid=28576)

help by Matthew_wehttaM on 07-12-2004 at 06:57 PM

i have 2 problems

1) there is this one contact on my contact list who is always blocked when i sign in, no matter what

2)me and some other people i know cant see emoticons in te names of the ppl we are talking to, we van see them in our own name but not in other peoples names

please help me

RE: help by Choli on 07-12-2004 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_wehttaM
2)me and some other people i know cant see emoticons in te names of the ppl we are talking to, we van see them in our own name but not in other peoples names
you'll have to disable custom nicks in the preferences of plus.
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_wehttaM
1) there is this one contact on my contact list who is always blocked when i sign in, no matter what
search the forums; there are other people with the same problem as you. Now I can't remember / don't know the workarround to that.
RE: help by Matthew_wehttaM on 07-13-2004 at 01:30 AM

[quote=Choli
search the forums; there are other people with the same problem as you. Now I can't remember / don't know the workarround to that.

i searched and i couldnt find anything,  so im gonna search again :)
RE: help by Millenium_edition on 07-14-2004 at 07:47 PM

It happens a lot, especially when your allow list is full. Search on kaonet.net for "noroom's listcleaner" and try using that ;)

RE: help by Matthew_wehttaM on 07-17-2004 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
It happens a lot, especially when your allow list is full. Search on kaonet.net for "noroom's listcleaner" and try using that ;)

i went to kaonet.net and where am i searching? i know im searching for norooms listcleaner but...how do you search?
RE: help by Tochjo on 07-18-2004 at 09:12 AM

Kaonet.net > Downloads > MSN Messenger > noroom's List Cleaner

RE: help by Matthew_wehttaM on 07-21-2004 at 04:40 PM

what exactly does it do?

"This program allows you to delete all blocked contacts from your list, and it also deletes people who you have on your list, but you're not on their list. A handy little too"

but how does that help?

RE: help by Tochjo on 07-21-2004 at 04:45 PM

I figured you knew that, seeing as you were looking for it.
Anyway, taken from that page (description of program):

quote:
This program allows you to delete all blocked contacts from your list, and it also deletes people who you have on your list, but you're not on their list. A handy little tool [Image: rsmile.gif]

Note: You will also need to have ActiveX installed on your computer in order for this program to work...you can find ActiveX on windows update site under recommended updates (if it's not there then you have it installed already)

Edit: I see now Millenium_Edition advised it, though he should've mentioned how to use it. A known problem that could cause this bug is that there are too many people on your allow list. Use this program to remove some/many from the allow list.
RE: help by Millenium_edition on 07-21-2004 at 04:52 PM

read the readme.

RE: RE: help by Matthew_wehttaM on 07-22-2004 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
A known problem that could cause this bug is that there are too many people on your allow list. Use this program to remove some/many from the allow list.

i only have 43 people on my list, how could that be the problem?
RE: help by Millenium_edition on 08-18-2004 at 07:18 PM

maybe more than 300 people have you in their list

RE: help by Matthew_wehttaM on 08-23-2004 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
maybe more than 300 people have you in their list

no i checked, but what would this have to do with a contact being blocked every time i sign in?