Shoutbox

Url's In Name <<Help>> - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Url's In Name <<Help>> (/showthread.php?tid=28628)

Url's In Name <<Help>> by LoochTheMan on 07-13-2004 at 10:08 PM

I have downloaded the patch by TheBlasphemer.  I exited my msn and then pressed patch...but it said: Incorrect File Or Version.  I have MSn 6.2, and i am wondering if i have missed something

Let me kno..

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by CookieRevised on 07-13-2004 at 11:58 PM

In the readme and on the screen of the patcher it clearly states MSN 6.2.0133... not 6.2.0137......

To know your exact version go to Help > About MSN Messenger or if you have Plus! installed simply type (!VER) in a conversation...

There isn't a patch-program available yet for 6.2.0137.
But you can change it manualy if you're up to it. You need a hex-editor for this and you must know exactly what your doing, otherwise changes are that you will screw up your MSN Messenger big time!

open msnmsgr.exe (msn messenger v6.2.0137) in your hex-editor and go to offset 0x001112FA. There you need to change: 0x56 to 0x50.

That's all the info I can give without writing a big tutorial in how to patch a program manualy(*). That's something you need to learn by searching the web and from other sources...

Note: Patching MSN Messenger is ILLEGAL!

Note: This patch was original found and created by TheBlasphemer!!! If anyone is going to make a patcher for this, please include credits to TheBlasphemer.

(*) EDIT: I wrote a small one now :P See CookieRevised's reply to Help with understanding.

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by LoochTheMan on 07-14-2004 at 12:57 AM

ok thank you...you were right i had the wrong version...i hope someone will create one for the newest messenger...maybe TheBlasphemer can include it in SPNg..hey its just a suggestion...thanks

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by Dempsey on 07-14-2004 at 11:49 AM

it is going to be included in StuffPlug NG

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by toddy on 07-14-2004 at 12:04 PM

it couldn't be included anyway, StuffPlug-Ng is a plug in.  and to have url in your name you need a patch

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by Dempsey on 07-14-2004 at 12:05 PM

not exactly, you can patch Messenger in memory to have the same effect as a patch

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by toddy on 07-14-2004 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
not exactly, you can patch Messenger in memory to have the same effect as a patch

is this illegal ? like patching is
RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by Dempsey on 07-14-2004 at 12:09 PM

im not sure, as technically its still patching the file but in memory instead of on disk

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by Millenium_edition on 07-14-2004 at 12:57 PM

it's not modifying the exe, so no. but it's done by looking at the source, so yes. StuffPlug NG uses a loader I think because that's how big DP's etc are achieved.

RE: Url's In Name <<Help>> by CookieRevised on 07-14-2004 at 01:25 PM

I always say, if patching the exe is "black" (illegal), and doing nothing is "white" (legal), then memory patching is "grey" :D