Shoutbox

MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=28680)

MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Guido on 07-15-2004 at 12:39 AM

From the official chat the MSN Messenger team hosted yesterday:

quote:
(...)

Q: DO YOU USE MSGR PLUS! ???

A: Not really, because changes in our code usually breaks Messenger Plus, and we always use the latest build of MSN Messenger

(...)

Q: roger: why dont you assist the development of plus and other addons by publicizing apis again or publishing debug symbols? or helping/commented at msn developer sites like the aforementioned msnfanatic, or the messenger plus forums

A: We once considered something like this, but found the resources to support so many third party developers was beyond our scope

(...)

Q:Roger, so you check Messenger Plus when you build a new version of MSN Messenger?

A: No. We're relatively certain it won't work, at least, that's the history

(...)

Full log

Quite interesting... :dodgy:
RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by RebelSean on 07-15-2004 at 02:04 AM

Was interesting. Thanks for sharing that with us Guido!

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by s7a5 on 07-15-2004 at 02:26 AM

ye ya rite :refuck:

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Mike on 07-15-2004 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Q:Roger, so you check Messenger Plus when you build a new version of MSN Messenger?

A: No. We're relatively certain it won't work, at least, that's the history

Are you sure about that? ;)
RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Kryptonate on 07-15-2004 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
why would they lie about that? For them, Messenger Plus! is just an add-on. They're not gonna try to prevent Plus! from working with the newest MSN Messenger version as Plus! gives them more users. They just implement their own new features and if a security hole is being detected in an older version they make sure it's solved in the new one, if this prevents Plus! from working then it is it that way.
RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Millenium_edition on 07-15-2004 at 01:01 PM

quote:
Yes. Plus! didn't work with msn 6 for quite a while.

What's so special about their answers? That's completely normal. You can't satisfy everyone.
RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 07-15-2004 at 01:37 PM

i wish i could have been in that chat :P

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Guido on 07-15-2004 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
why would they lie about that? For them, Messenger Plus! is just an add-on. They're not gonna try to prevent Plus! from working with the newest MSN Messenger version as Plus! gives them more users. They just implement their own new features and if a security hole is being detected in an older version they make sure it's solved in the new one, if this prevents Plus! from working then it is it that way.
Exactly.

And if that was directed to me, Millennium (I don't think it was, but whatever :P), I just posted this because it's interesting to know what the people who make MSN Messenger think about Plus!, and to know they are very aware of it. Not because their answers are special or anything. :tongue:

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by MC Inferno on 07-26-2004 at 12:24 AM

very informate though. i'll give some respct to them... they wer pretty straight down the line, no messin about (Y)

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Phrive on 07-27-2004 at 08:00 AM

it is nice too no wat the people at msn messnger think about 3rd parties add-ons such as plus!

RE: MSN Messenger team talks about Plus! by Stigmata on 07-27-2004 at 09:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
i wish i could have been in that chat :P

i did post a link 2 days before it happened
and we did talk about this in another thread