Shoutbox

Blogs? Whats the point? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Blogs? Whats the point? (/showthread.php?tid=28725)

Blogs? Whats the point? by user27089 on 07-15-2004 at 09:03 PM

Do you think blogs are crap? What is the point in having a blog, i think its pointless, they're lame, telling ppl what you do everyday, what you've brought, when you took a dump. So what do you think about blogs? Its a marmite thing! You eiter love them or you hate them!

in fact !!

[Image: attachment.php?pid=278313]

i really need to start doing constructive things!

umm so yea!

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Kafman on 07-15-2004 at 09:11 PM

Btw, WTF is a blog?? :undecided:

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Joe on 07-15-2004 at 09:13 PM

i said i love 'em cuz there wasn't a couldn't care less choice:refuck:

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by user27089 on 07-15-2004 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Btw, WTF is a blog?? :undecided:
a blog is sumthing where people post the stuff that they do etc.

http://www.surfionline.com

a blog, i think thats the url
RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Millenium_edition on 07-15-2004 at 09:13 PM

blog = an online journal about your life.  web log

Why are they lame? If you don't like them, don't visit them. Simple as that. I like to know what happens in my friends life... If you just prefer spamming forums, go ahead, but i have a social life :)

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Kryptonate on 07-15-2004 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

Why are they lame? If you don't like them, don't visit them. Simple as that. I like to know what happens in my friends life... If you just prefer spamming forums, go ahead, but i have a social life :)
umm no, they still suck!

that's your opinion :) and answering a post with "they suck" is kinda childess and makes no sense at all :-/
RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by user27089 on 07-15-2004 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
quote:

umm no, they still suck!

that's your opinion :) and answering a post with "they suck" is kinda childess and makes no sense at all :-/
did i not put a quote? this means it does make sence, and its not childish really, what 3 yr old would say they suck?... umm and evry1 is titled too their own opinion
RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Banks on 07-16-2004 at 01:59 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
quote:

umm no, they still suck!

did i not put a quote? this means it does make sence, and its not childish really, what 3 yr old would say they suck?... umm and evry1 is titled too their own opinion
1: learn to spell
2: you don't have to be as young as 3 to be a child
3: STFU
RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by surfichris on 07-16-2004 at 02:17 AM

Thanks for using my site as an example (Y)

A blog doesn't have to be about your life, it can be a log about anything. Take a look at these fine examples:

http://www.simplebits.com
http://1976design.com/blog/
http://blog.codefront.net/
http://www.dwergs.com (yes, thats right.. even dwergs has one)

There are plenty more on the web that are about everything, things that happen, a day in the life of someone, work related things, any topic. Microsoft employees even have their own blog, google has a blog.

I could call your site a blog if i wanted to, does it not have a news section on it, that you post updates to your site on? Well thats a sort of blog.

Blogging is quickly becoming one of the most popular things on the web, look at blogger.com for example, heck, its even ran by Google! :o :o

quote:
Do you think blogs are crap? What is the point in having a blog, i think its pointless, they're lame, telling ppl what you do everyday, what you've brought, when you took a dump. So what do you think about blogs? Its a marmite thing! You eiter love them or you hate them!

Okay, lets take another angle here.. who thinks traxors site is good? (N) I think its pointless, lame and all the rest... You cant tell me i'm not allowed to say that though, because afterall, even you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by bach_m on 07-16-2004 at 02:25 AM

blogs arn't only about what you do in a day. its a place for opinions, things you find on the net anything really. it can do what you want.

mess.be ( the main page) is a blog, in essence. it talks about something in a manner organized by date. neowin news is a blog.

my site, <shameless plug> http://bach.killercarrot.co.uk </shameless plug>, is just a single type of blog.

* bach_m likes surfis :P

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by sasquatch on 07-16-2004 at 02:37 AM

yea, i use blogs to tell my friend bout my opinions bout stuff in the news athe they do the same, i also share fun times we had together and also use it to backstab ppl without internet (y) jkjk, i just like blogs cuz i can vent stuff

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by rompom7 on 07-16-2004 at 06:25 AM

I have nothing against blogs.

But you are being a bit hypocritical in a sence; your telling us what you don't like and your opinion, just like a blog itself.

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by unknown2u on 07-16-2004 at 07:28 AM

hahaha Traxor is banned again *Shakes Head*

I think blogs are fun, and a good way to work on your writing skills. Who cares if ppl don't like what you write? If it's fun, and it keeps you busy then more power to you.

I wish I had one.

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Guido on 07-16-2004 at 04:21 PM

unknown2u: You can get one, why not? www.blogger.com

oh and traxor (banned again?!): Blogs are much more interesting than what you think :)

I want to set up one, but I'm to lazy to fill it :P
So I guess I won't for now :-/

Anyway, for you to have an idea of how time-draining reading blogs can be, this is my list of suscribed RSS feeds:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=278804]

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by lopardo on 07-16-2004 at 05:21 PM

Guido, what program are you using for the RSS feeds? I see you also read The old new thing :)

Well, I wouldn't say I love them (how can you love a blog?) but I don't hate them neither. I like reading some (surfi's for example) ;)

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by jren207 on 07-16-2004 at 05:33 PM

Blogs are cool. It's good to see what's happening in peoples lifes if they wish to share their lifes with us. A blog doesn't really have to be about someones life, it can be on a site telling people about site updates etc. A blog is like the main part of a site (I have my blog right in the center of my homepage ;) )

The program looks like Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (but I'm sure it doesn't  allow you to view RSS, but it might be an Outlook 2003 styled program)

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Guido on 07-16-2004 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Guido, what program are you using for the RSS feeds? I see you also read The old new thing :)
NewsGator, integrated into Outlook 2003
RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by jren207 on 07-16-2004 at 06:01 PM

aha!, knew it was to do with Outlook 2003

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by Garndell on 07-17-2004 at 10:35 AM

This is why Blogs are interesting: http://ladyvenomssnakepit.blogspot.com/

I have my own Blog but i'll save you the torture of reading it, unless you want to that is ;)

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by surfichris on 07-17-2004 at 10:37 AM

One step ahead.. http://garndell.blogspot.com/

NewsGater is an excellent syndication program, and the intergration is sweet.

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by jlo on 07-19-2004 at 06:46 AM

I have quite a few, for different purposes.
blogs dont neccessarily have to be about you and your life. They could be news updates about sites or new softwares or whatever.

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by tanfwc on 07-21-2004 at 07:52 AM

haha...i uses blog to tell people what happen to my days...and sometime i can refer back and recall what happen...

RE: Blogs? Whats the point? by MC Inferno on 07-26-2004 at 12:43 AM

i dont like reading rhem, but if it brings happiness into a boring life, whats the harm done? :P