Shoutbox

help to start building my first plug in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: help to start building my first plug in (/showthread.php?tid=28797)

help to start building my first plug in by amirxy on 07-17-2004 at 08:15 AM

hi.
im vb.net programmer.
(and vb6 too..)

i want to build a test plug in, to see how things works.

the only i have , is the sample plug in i download from this site.
the thing is , i dont understand what the plug in does.
how to install it ?
and from the sample , i dont understand , where i need to change the code for my plug in, and what code is must not change.

any help files ?

RE: help to start building my first plug in by Choli on 07-18-2004 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by amirxy
i dont understand what the plug in does.
really nothing usefull. There's a ping command and a sample of how to use tags... Read the comments in the code (specially the ones of the functions) and try to understand what the code does... it's easy :P
quote:
how to install it ?
put the dll inside the plugins folder, register it, add the key to the registry and restart messenger. (more info in the readme)
quote:
where i need to change the code for my plug in, and what code is must not change.
you can start playing with the code inside ParseTag, ParseCommand and ReceiveNotify functions.
quote:
any help files ?
inside the zip, there's a readme file that you should read.. Also be sure you read and understan all the comments of the functions (Initialize, ParseCommand, etc, etc....)
RE: help to start building my first plug in by RaceProUK on 07-18-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
the only i have , is the sample plug in i download from this site.
the thing is , i dont understand what the plug in does.
how to install it ?
and from the sample , i dont understand , where i need to change the code for my plug in, and what code is must not change.

any help files ?
Have a look at my site (link in sig): there I have uploaded my Plugin Author's Guide. It runs through the API for C++, VB, and VB.NET. It also goes through explaining the sample plugin, and comes with a couple of code samples I have provided myself (in a separate file).