Shoutbox

pics have no color HELP!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: pics have no color HELP!! (/showthread.php?tid=28798)

pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-17-2004 at 08:17 AM

er...something is wrong...check the pic out...

[Image: color]

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by Anubis on 07-17-2004 at 08:46 AM

Start > Control Panel (classic view) > Display > Settings and make sure the colour quality is at least 16bit

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by saralk on 07-17-2004 at 09:00 AM

are you sure they're not hidden files?

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by Guido on 07-17-2004 at 06:40 PM

When you open them in Paint or something, do they look alright?

Does it only happen with that folder?

And yes, change your colour settings to 16 bits or 32 bits, from what we can see from the My pictures icon that's 8 bits.

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by CookieRevised on 07-17-2004 at 07:22 PM

It's just because your thumbnails aren't updated with your new settings, that's all... (it isn't because they are hidden, your display settings are wrong, or whatever)

Whenever you change the thumbnail settings (thumbnail size for example) the thumbnails wont update automaticly.

The same goes for when you alter the quality of the thumbnails, if you reduce/enhance the quality you need to update all your existing thumbnails....

The updating can be done very simply: (don't alter your display preferences, color settings and such things, it doesn't have anything to do with that ;))
* Delete Thumbs.db that you'll find in that directory (it may be a hidden file), after that refresh the view...
* Or, select every file/thumbnail in the directory (CTRL+A), then right-click on a thumbnail and choose update thumbnails....

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by jren207 on 07-17-2004 at 07:41 PM

I dunno if it's to do with this but the titles of the files are blue showing that they have been compressed. Compression isn't supposed to change a file, but mabye the compression went wrong :S

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by CookieRevised on 07-17-2004 at 08:54 PM

no, the thumbnails aren't updated, that's all ;)

btw, compressed files/directories are lightblue by default, not darkblue... (you can change the color though)

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by Guido on 07-18-2004 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Whenever you change the thumbnail settings (thumbnail size for example) the thumbnails wont update automaticly.
And why should they all go grey and lose contrast?
RE: pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-18-2004 at 01:15 AM

er..its werid...cause when i save new pictures on that folder they come in color...

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by Guido on 07-18-2004 at 01:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by - keef
er..its werid...cause when i save new pictures on that folder they come in color...
Try updating the thumbnails then (delete thumbs.db or right click > update thumbnail)
RE: pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-18-2004 at 03:39 AM

i cant find thumbs.db....and when i right click i cant find update thumnail

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-18-2004 at 03:46 AM

nvm i fixed it...

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by CookieRevised on 07-18-2004 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
And why should they all go grey and lose contrast?
Because the thumbnails aren't updated automaticly after you (or another program) changes the thumbnail settings....

quote:
r..its werid...cause when i save new pictures on that folder they come in color...
It's not weird, its very logic ;) if new pictures are added, a new thumbnail is created, that thumbnail is of course up to date, so explorer will show it in "full color"...

quote:
i cant find thumbs.db....and when i right click i cant find update thumnail
quote:
Delete Thumbs.db that you'll find in that directory (it may be a hidden file), after that refresh the view...
Also, you have to right-click on a thumbnail to have the "update thumbnail" option...
RE: pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-18-2004 at 05:52 PM

its acuttly refresh thumbnail

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by Guido on 07-18-2004 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Because the thumbnails aren't updated automaticly after you (or another program) changes the thumbnail settings
Err yeah I know, but why should old thumbnails be displayed with no contrast and grey shaded? Shouldn't they just be outdated?
RE: pics have no color HELP!! by - keef on 07-18-2004 at 06:47 PM

um..no idea...but now that i fixed it...lets close this topic..lol

RE: pics have no color HELP!! by CookieRevised on 07-18-2004 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Err yeah I know, but why should old thumbnails be displayed with no contrast and grey shaded? Shouldn't they just be outdated?
Dunno, a choice from the developers I suppose...