Shoutbox

Virus Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Virus Problem (/showthread.php?tid=28815)

Virus Problem by spicy_weasel on 07-17-2004 at 06:42 PM

Hi,

My virus program has just detected two viruses on my computer.  It tried to quarantine and delete it, but nothing worked.  I also tried to delete it by myself but there is an error report which tells me that this file is being used by another program.  I shut down everything that was running and tried again but it did not work. 

RE: Virus Problem by Tochjo on 07-17-2004 at 06:43 PM

Try to remove the viruses in safe mode.

RE: Virus Problem by spicy_weasel on 07-17-2004 at 06:43 PM

how do u do that?

RE: Virus Problem by Anubis on 07-17-2004 at 06:47 PM

Start > Run > msconfig > Boot.INI > check the checkbox for /SAFEBOOT > OK, and then reboot your PC...and try to remove the virus when your computer next starts...
When you want to get out of safe mode do this
Start > Run > msconfig > Boot.INI > uncheck the checkbox for /SAFEBOOT > OK, then reboot your PC

RE: Virus Problem by spicy_weasel on 07-17-2004 at 06:48 PM

ok ill try it thx

RE: Virus Problem by jren207 on 07-17-2004 at 06:51 PM

(alternative to safemode and if you PC tries to start the file when it isn't there)

On msconfig on the startup and services tab, is there a program with the same sort of name as the file. If so, then untick the checkbox next to it, then it wont be running and you can delete it.

RE: Virus Problem by spicy_weasel on 07-17-2004 at 07:00 PM

it worked :) thx guys

RE: Virus Problem by Dane on 07-17-2004 at 08:05 PM

For anyone who reads this thread for similar problems:  You can also get into safe mode by pressing "F8" on your keyboard before you see the Windows Logo during boot in most versions of Windows.