Shoutbox

Trojan - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Trojan (/showthread.php?tid=28864)

Trojan by shmuel on 07-19-2004 at 08:00 AM

What is this when I install msgplus from
MsgPlus-301.exe or from SimtelNet,
I get a Trojan to my computer.

The Virus is called located at: X:\PROGRAM FILES\C2MEDIA\SETUP.EXE.
And it is named as TrojanDownloader.Win32.Swizzor.ag

It comes with the installation program.
Is this some accident or is this your policy?

Just curious.

Shmuel.

RE: Trojan by Pyroteq on 07-19-2004 at 08:02 AM

It's an optional sponsor, just dont select "I agree" which is clearly marked and its not a trojan either just most virus scanners think so

RE: Trojan by Dane on 07-19-2004 at 08:11 AM

:), indeed.  The only "threat" is a few ads :P, and they arnt that obtrusive.

Here are removal instructions:

1. In Windows XP, click "My Computer", and then in the top left corner click "Add/Remove Programs".  In Windows 95/98/98SE/ME, click "My Computer", then "Control Panel", then "Add/Remove Programs".

2. Find "Messenger Plus!", In Windows XP, Click "Change/Remove" or just "Remove" (whichevers visible), in Windows 95/98/98SE/ME, Click "Add/Remove"

3. Follow the simple uninstallers created by Patchou and his sponsors :).

4.  You've removed Messenger Plus! with the sponsor.  To reinstall without the sponsor, see belows instructions.

--
Install Messenger Plus! 3 without the sponsor
--

1. Click Here, Or if your Popup software doesnt allow you to open that link, Navigate to http://download.msgplus.net/files/MsgPlus-301.exe

2. Click "Save As...", and save "MsgPlus-301.exe" to your desktop

3. When the download is complete, either click "Open" in the IE download window, or go to your desktop and click "MsgPlus-301.exe"

4. On the first screen, Select your language and "Automatic Installation", then click "Next"

5. IMPORTANT!  On this screen, choose "I REFUSE, do not install the sponsor program".

6. Click "Install"

7.  You will be presented with the install screen (which is quite pretty, thanks to Guido and Patchou :P), wait while Messenger Plus! 3 installs.

8. MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger will restart and Plus! will be enabled!  Congratulations, you've just installed the most popular MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger Add-on.

RE: Trojan by shmuel on 07-19-2004 at 09:30 AM

Thanks, now I got it! :D

RE: Trojan by Dane on 07-19-2004 at 09:33 AM

No Problem :).  Thanks for choosing Messenger Plus!