Shoutbox

Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign (/showthread.php?tid=28877)

Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by makaronike on 07-19-2004 at 11:54 AM

Ok here comes the description:
At first I click on the plus sign next to the contact name. The options menu opens. Then I click again on the plus sign. Options menu dissapears. Then I move cursor on the current contact name and I see result:
[Image: PlusBlooper.bmp]

I have Win 98 and latest versions of MSN Messenger and Plus!.
And Plus is in Estonian. This kind of behavior I have seen only on one computer. On other computer that I have(Win XP) this kind of weird thind doesn't occur

RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by Kryptonate on 07-19-2004 at 12:07 PM

do you have this with all the names?

RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by Pyroteq on 07-19-2004 at 12:16 PM

Your computer is recognising thier name as those characters the charater set they are using obviously has a bug on that computer or is not supported, unless you have this problem with every contact name in which case i have no idea.

RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by Mnjul on 07-19-2004 at 12:23 PM

This problem is supposed to be fixed in Plus! 3.01.94...perhaps you may try reinstalling Plus! ;)

Kryptonate: I forgot re- :p

RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by Kryptonate on 07-19-2004 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
This problem is supposed to be fixed in Plus! 3.01.94...perhaps you may try installing Plus! ;)
quote:
Originally posted by makaronike
I have Win 98 and latest versions of MSN Messenger and Plus!.
:-/
RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by Patchou on 07-19-2004 at 04:15 PM

I think I know how this bug is caused... I'll try to fix that in version 3.10.

RE: Bizarre behavior on clicking on the Plus sign by makaronike on 07-20-2004 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
do you have this with all the names?
Yes on all names

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I think I know how this bug is caused... I'll try to fix that in version 3.10.
Thanks for paying attention.

And I forgot to say that after previous situation, plus! options menu dissapeared on that contact. It said that "Valikud puuduvad"("No options" or smth. in English I think *-)). When moving away from the current contact with cursor, everything went back to normal. I could see names of other contacts. And after holding cursor over another contact as long as its name appears, I could see the correct name of the "bad" contact again. I hope my story ain't too blur.