Shoutbox

Boss Protection requiring password to reopen - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen (/showthread.php?tid=28925)

Boss Protection requiring password to reopen by RedCoat999 on 07-20-2004 at 06:49 PM

At work I love the Boss Protection feature.  Is there a way though to require a password to reopen Messenger like the Lock feature instead of just clicking on the boss protected icon in the taskbar? It seems to only like either the Boss Protection or Lock feature, not both with the same shortcut.  So maybe this feature can be added someway?
Thanks

RE: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen by dotNorma on 07-20-2004 at 06:52 PM

Why not just use the Lock feature to password protect it?

RE: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen by RedCoat999 on 07-20-2004 at 07:08 PM

If I use the Lock feature, then the Messenger icon is still there.  I like the way the Boss Protection feature allows me to pick a different icon.

RE: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen [+suggestion to Patchou] by CookieRevised on 07-20-2004 at 08:43 PM

Can't be done, currently it is:

* It's either another icon, and no password protection (Boss protection), or...

* Messenger icon, but with the choice of password protecting (lock protection)... (btw: many people don't know that you don't HAVE to set a password for the lock-feature ;))

Another difference is the choice of statusses: with Messenger lock you can choose between fewer statusses (why? appart from the "online"-status (and even then there might be people to use it), I don't know)...)

[Suggestion to Patchou]

IMHO, the two features can easly be made into 1 feature as IMHO it seems a bit useless to have two of the almost exactly features....

So my suggestion to Patchou would be: make it into 1 feature:
* 3(or more?) different protection-scheme's (like in Boss protection)
* per scheme: ability to choose an icon (like in Boss protection)
* per scheme: ability to choose between all the statusses available, and also "no change"  (like in Boss protection)
* per scheme: ability to set a hiding/come back message (like in Boss protection)
* per scheme: ability to close all the windows (like in Messenger Lock/Boss protection)
* per scheme: ability to set a password (like in Messenger Lock)

Like this, you have the exact same choices, but all is done by 1 feature and not two extremely similar ones and make it even more user-friendly ;)...
RE: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen by RedCoat999 on 07-21-2004 at 11:46 AM

Cookie, I agree.  These features are really the same, but are not currently.
All we need now is Patchou to read this!

Thanks

RE: Boss Protection requiring password to reopen by zender on 08-29-2004 at 08:05 PM

it's a good idea ths password in boss protection