Shoutbox

Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason (/showthread.php?tid=28929)

Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Twan on 07-20-2004 at 08:02 PM

hello,

i am new to these forums, and with new i mean that i finnaly decided to sign up here beacase i first only readed the posts...

the reason i signed up is because i have a problem myself..:o

i have different plugins

-handwrting
-l33tificator
-stuffplug
-uptime plugin

and i used to have screenshot sender.. but everytime i install it it says  "succesfully installed" but it still isn't showing in the list of plugins in the messenger plus menu..  kinda strange.. :S 

when i go to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins , the plugin SS.dll is THERE so that makes it even more stranger for me..:|

i allready deleted all the plugins and instal ONLY the screenshot sender but that didn't work either.. i am not planning on uninstalling my messenger plus 3 OR msn messenger 6.2 so please don't say that

i have BTW both latest versions of them so that shouldn't be a problem :)

I hope some can help me..    i hope i have a nice time on these forums and that i can help other people too..

I am still from the netherlands so excuse my bad engelish on some places..:(

Greets Twan

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by RebelSean on 07-20-2004 at 08:04 PM

Once you have installed the plugin, did you restart your Msn Messenger?

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Dempsey on 07-20-2004 at 08:08 PM

yea theres are some problems with the last version of SS3, i will be releasing a new version soon hopefully.

Dempsey

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Twan on 07-20-2004 at 08:10 PM

so you dit make it :) nice work anyway   alright thnx for the info 
we will see it when the new version is there...:)

RE: RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by xanadu on 08-08-2004 at 02:06 PM

Hi,

i have the same problem on a Win2k and XP machine...
When will the new version be released ?

thx
xan

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Dempsey on 08-08-2004 at 02:39 PM

Im aiming to get it sorted for release in the next weeks or so

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Menthix on 08-08-2004 at 09:53 PM

I had the same problem same problem for a while, and didn't looked back to it for some months. Some days ago i decided to look again if i could fix it. The steps i took were a bit radical, but i must say it worked for me!

• Close every instanse of MSN and Messenger Plus!
  • To make sure everything is shut down, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and look if you see any process named MsgPlus.exe, msmgs.exe or msnmsger.exe. If you see any of tohe, end their process until they are all gone.
  • No go to the Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and un-install both Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger (Plus! will ask you if you want to keep your settings during the un-install, you can select yes there).
  • Reboot your PC.
  • After rebooting, make sure there are no files left anymore in MSN's and Plus' folder ( C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger and C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 by default. If there are, delete those files.
  • Now download MSN ( http://messenger.msn.com ) and install it.
  • Download Messenger Plus! ( http://www.msgplus.net/download.php ) and install it to (reboot if you are asked too, but i think Plus! 3 never asks to reboot anymore).
  • Download Screenshot Sender 3 ( http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=71 ) and install it.
  • Fully close MSN and start it again.
  • SS3 should now work, if it still doesn't you could try to reboot your PC one more time.

A little note to people who might try this: I do not garantee you at all this will work. It worked for me, but it could also have been because of some other things that i did on my PC between the time i last installed SS3 and my succesfull fix a couple of days ago. But if you don't want to wait until Dempsy releases his new build it wont heart to try this if you have the time. Remember Plus' settings will be save during un-install if you say so, but most of MSN's own settings are not.

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by The_MoD on 08-08-2004 at 11:33 PM

Meanwhile you can use an older version which still does the trick:
SS3_Install_3.0.383.exe

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Dean0 on 08-09-2004 at 12:57 AM

its sweet :D

RE: RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by xanadu on 08-09-2004 at 06:57 AM

Hi MenthiX,

i tried your way 2 times but it didnīt fix it....

xan

RE: RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by xanadu on 08-09-2004 at 07:00 AM

Thanks to The_MoD....

This Version works for me (H)

xan

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-09-2004 at 05:14 PM

Try this then: (This should be a Note to everybody experiencing problems)

I do NOT guarantee that this will help, but sometimes it does...

Close Messenger, Completly!!!!
Goto Start, choose Run and type in "Regedit" (without quotes) and when program startede navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\(User Email)\Preferences\Plugins

And delete the key corresponding to the Plugin not working.... then restart messenger and see if it worked...

You can also delete the key corresponding to the Plugin in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

But this might not have any effects....

RE: Screenshot sender 3 won't work for some reason by Dempsey on 08-11-2004 at 06:25 PM

new version released ---> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=24284