Shoutbox

Ps2 or Xbox? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Ps2 or Xbox? (/showthread.php?tid=28946)

Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 07:45 AM

After a really long struggle i can afford one so well i need your help about it

Ps2 or Xbox ???

or something else that i dont know of ?

Thnaks for your help

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Varish on 07-21-2004 at 07:54 AM

PS2, since you have more game's around and also, you can buy an online adaptor and thats a XPS2BOX :P

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 07:55 AM

Ive got an Xbox, and i love it... Look at the price, cuz here in switzerland Xbox is cheaper than PS2.

PS2 has more games than Xbox.
Xbox has a hard disk so u dont need memory cards (thats why i got my Xbox)
Xbox is for 4Players, PS2 2 (without buying xtra equipment)

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by ddunk on 07-21-2004 at 08:01 AM

PS2 and Xbox are the same price in the US

I've got a PS2 and GC (which I regret buying)

I prefer the PS2 over Xbox mainly because I really like the Final Fantasy series and finally got the money for a PS2. I've never played a (or is it an? an sounds better if you say it aloud) Xbox, but with PS2, not only does it have more games, but it can also play all the old PSone games.

Also, don't forget about the DVD player that comes with the PS2.

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 08:09 AM

I got a dvd player for my PC & TV. So i dint get a DVD remote for Xbox, but its not that expensive is it. Theres a version for 19.95 sfr (swiss francs) which is... like 15 US dollars or something.

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pipish on 07-21-2004 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster
Ive got an Xbox, and i love it... Look at the price, cuz here in switzerland Xbox is cheaper than PS2.

PS2 has more games than Xbox.
Xbox has a hard disk so u dont need memory cards (thats why i got my Xbox)
Xbox is for 4Players, PS2 2 (without buying xtra equipment)
yes i agree xbox is great i have one it also has xbox live great feature and bette graphigs ang sound
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 08:43 AM

OMG this is turning out to be more confusing then it was before

i dont understand

Help me please i hope i make the right deceision

more games = PS2

but eventually dnt all games end up coming out for X players Xbox boX as well ??

more players = Xbox is 4 and Ps2 is 2

more memory = Xbox

comes with a dvd player = PS2

better graphics = ??

better sound = ??

faster = ??

this is the information that i gathered from this thread any other information will help

thank you

EDIT : people who own these game consoles can ya'll please tell me where it is made

made in ??

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by RaceProUK on 07-21-2004 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer
but eventually dnt all games end up coming out for X players Xbox boX as well ??
Not all of them...
quote:
people who own these game consoles can ya'll please tell me where it is made
PS2 and GameCube are made by Japanese companies: whether the consoles are made in Japan or in Europe I don't know.
The XBox is most likely made in America, as its MS.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pyroteq on 07-21-2004 at 11:17 AM

I own both and i gota say Xbox is better.
my ps2 has a made in china sticker :)
my xbox dosnt say where i dont think.

more games = PS2 But i personally think that Xbox has BETTER games.
more players =Xbox is 4 and Ps2 is 2
more memory = Xbox (built in harddrive) Ps2 u gota buy memory cards.
comes with a dvd player = PS2, but xbox if u buy a remote.
better graphics = Xbox (also depends on the game)
better sound = Xbox (also depends on  the game)
faster = Depends on the game

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Vazza on 07-21-2004 at 11:42 AM

I own a PS2 and has a Made in Japan sticker on it

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
more games = PS2 But i personally think that Xbox has BETTER games.
more players =Xbox is 4 and Ps2 is 2
more memory = Xbox (built in harddrive) Ps2 u gota buy memory cards.
comes with a dvd player = PS2, but xbox if u buy a remote.
better graphics = Xbox (also depends on the game)
better sound = Xbox (also depends on  the game)
faster = Depends on the game

Yeah I agree with all of this but I was just looking through a catalogue I have for a company called Forbidden Planet. They've got deals on PS2 and Xboxes but looking at it it appears that new PS2 can play DVD-RW/+RW playback and IR Reciever for the control and has lower noice operation.
However, Dolby Digital sound  comes with the Xbox and I think in order to get Doldy Digital with the PS2 you need another cable and seperate speakers (or surround sound speakers)
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by RaceProUK on 07-21-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
However, Dolby Digital sound  comes with the Xbox and I think in order to get Doldy Digital with the PS2 you need another cable and seperate speakers (or surround sound speakers)
You would with the XBox too.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Millenium_edition on 07-21-2004 at 12:10 PM

give me the Xbox, even if ps2 has more games, xbox has quality games... No ps2 game will have dead or alive 3 graphics, trust me on that one!

quote:
more games = PS2
more players = Xbox is 4 and Ps2 is 2 (without extra stuff)
more memory = Xbox
comes with a dvd player = ps2 and xbox (but for xbox you need to buy a remote control)
better graphics = xbox
better sound = xbox (dolby 5.1 support, PS2 DOESN'T have that)
faster = xbox (733 mhz, the fastest console on the market ;) )

RE: RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pyroteq on 07-21-2004 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
it appears that new PS2 can play DVD-RW/+RW playback

I didnt know there was a new ps2...Btw, ps2 enableing DVD RW content will mean people can burn games without a chip...
i have a chip in my Ps2 but not xbox because Live! Recognises that you have a chip and wont work so yeah xbox is a chip no-go zone.

With the DVD RW, i have hundreds of burnt dvds that will all play on my xbox as long as i burn them at minimum speed, then they play but if i burn them at say 50x, it wont so just burn them slow and thier xbox compatible!
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 12:27 PM

Recently i heared i can also access the net using one of these is that possible ???

and what about game cube should i consider as an option or not ??

is it worth it ?

I have to buy a remote for xbox ?[

quote=Millenium_edition]give me the Xbox, even if ps2 has more games, xbox has quality games... No ps2 game will have dead or alive 3 graphics, trust me on that one!

well i am still not sure what to do

i am paying thte same price for both what do i do !!!!!!!!!!!!

please help

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Menthix on 07-21-2004 at 12:41 PM

Dude, you going to let other people decide which console you're going to buy for you??.... There is no such thing as "the best console"

It comes down to what you like yourself which titles you like.... try both systems in a store or at friends somewhere.... and see for yourself what you like.

quote:
EDIT : people who own these game consoles can ya'll please tell me where it is made
They are probally both made in Japan or Korea because the cost is low their, just like almost every electric device. But i don't see why thi should matter for your desscission.

quote:
I think in order to get Doldy Digital with the PS2 you need another cable and seperate speakers (or surround sound speakers)
Uhm... Unless you have an Xbox with 6 build in speakers you need a seperate cable and speakers for an Xbox too :s

quote:
better sound = xbox (dolby 5.1 support, PS2 DOESN'T have that)
Why do peaople think a PS2 wouldn't deal with 5.1 :S ??

quote:
faster = xbox (733 mhz, the fastest console on the market )

True, but the MHz doesn't mean much. It comes down to how effecient the CPU power is used by the game.

quote:
I didnt know there was a new ps2...
Yes, there is...
strating with the silver edition:
[Image: ps2_silver1.jpg]

The Blue one:
[Image: g9555350.jpg]

And the gold one:
[Image: gold.jpg]

As far as i know they all have the same new features (build in IR reciever + DVD RW support (doesn't mean you can play copied games).

quote:
Recently i heared i can also access the net using one of these is that possible ???
Possible with PS2, Xbox and gamecube. I believe the Xbox has this build in, for the other 2 you'll need to buy an online adaptor which you attach at the back of you console. Same counts for online gameing as for the console itself: See if you can try the online features somewhere first before you dicide wich console to buy. If you only rely on impressions from other peopple you could end up dissapointed in the end.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Twan on 07-21-2004 at 12:45 PM

i agree.. the only one who can those is YOU..   

everyone has there favorite  so i would say buy a gamecube:D(H) ..    mario games still rock,  i can't wait for paper mario 2 and metroid prime 2 and off course star fox 2 :)   ..  but i guess you don't like gamecube at all:(

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

. If you only rely on impressions from other peopple you could end up dissapointed in the end.

i am confused thats why i am asking people they are so simuila yet so different

i cant decide and its pissing me off now

now i wish i could buy both
but thts not possible..

in the ps2 is that only a colour difference no difference in performance?

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Ajizzle on 07-21-2004 at 01:17 PM

honestly i told myself that i would never buy an XBOX, because i really don't like the microsoft corporation or anything related to it.  But i couldn't help it.  PS2 doesn't have Halo lmao. and XBOX just has better games in my opinion.. i have everything but playstations...

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pr0xY on 07-21-2004 at 02:05 PM

PS2 or XBox..... hmmmmmmmm............

These two game systems  have een in compitition with each other for a long time now.  Each have nice features.  I bought a PS2, with I am very happy with.  But over all I do thin XBox is better, sicne you can turn yours into a cheap,  fast computer with mod chips.  And whats nice about the mod chips is when you wanna use XBox live, you can turn them off, so Miscrosoft sont ban your Box from there server. 

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 02:48 PM

Does Xbox has any kind od os installed in it like windows or something to surf the net ??

i mean can i do that ??

if i can surf the net thn i am going for Xbox

wht say ?

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 03:15 PM

Nah, cant surf the net wid xbox. None can. Well maybe if u Mod Chip em... But im not sure.

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Joe on 07-21-2004 at 03:27 PM

Xbox                               
Cause it has Halo:D:D

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
ause it has Halo:D:D

Good enough reason to get XBox :D , and it'll have Halo 2 :D YES!
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by RebelSean on 07-21-2004 at 04:36 PM

Id get a ps2. Couse if you had a ps1 then you can play all you ps1 gams on your ps2. And the ps2 games down here, the games are like 20-30 dollers.

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Millenium_edition on 07-21-2004 at 04:46 PM

gamecube has too childish games... ps2 hasn't got enough technical specs to face xbox... and the only console that has a future is the xbox... ps2 is falling apart because all the new games are on xbox too ;)

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pr0xY on 07-21-2004 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Nah, cant surf the net wid xbox. None can. Well maybe if u Mod Chip em... But im not sure.
yes you can.  you can with both.  You have to buy the hard drive for the PS2, and it doesn;t use windows, it uses linux.  I'm not sure what XBox uses, but YES you can surf the net with them. 
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 04:55 PM

When i thought i'd go and get Ps2 suddenly i get two posts from Millenium_edition and pr0xy_nuk3r
now i m confused again

well now i feel i should buy the Xbox

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pr0xY on 07-21-2004 at 04:57 PM

both are good, but with xbox you can turn it into a fast, cheap computer.   But if your not interested in that stuff, just games, buy a PS2

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 07-21-2004 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
both are good, but with xbox you can turn it into a fast, cheap computer.   But if your not interested in that stuff, just games, buy a PS2

How can i turn it into a computer ??

so you are saying that P2 games are better than Xbox games ??

EDIT: i also feel that both the games (well most of them) come fo both the consoles
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 06:09 PM

quote:
quote:
yes you can.  you can with both.  You have to buy the hard drive for the PS2, and it doesn;t use windows, it uses linux.  I'm not sure what XBox uses, but YES you can surf the net with them.
Just make shure if u install linux on ur Xbox, that u dont wanna use Xbox Live. Cuz it wont work. I read a tutorial.
Tutorial: Xbox-Linux.org

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MC Inferno on 07-26-2004 at 12:42 AM

PS2 for the back catolgue of games

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pr0xY on 07-26-2004 at 12:47 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Just make shure if u install linux on ur Xbox, that u dont wanna use Xbox Live. Cuz it wont work. I read a tutorial.
Like I said, Most new Mod chips come with a on off switch for when you wanna play on X-Box live.  When you turn it off, its just a regular x-box, "without linux" wink wink.   If you have linux installed, but the chip is turned off, x-bow live cant detect that you have linux installed. 

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Maniac on 07-26-2004 at 07:46 AM

* Maniac is surprised he has never seen this thread... maybe old? too lazy to check....

anyways Ps2 or xbox? none :rofl: GC :) I have a ps2.... the last time i played it was a loooooong time ago :p (oh and beleive me, im a pretty hardcore gamer ;))

RE: RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by The Napster on 07-26-2004 at 08:46 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Like I said, Most new Mod chips come with a on off switch for when you wanna play on X-Box live.  When you turn it off, its just a regular x-box, "without linux" wink wink.   If you have linux installed, but the chip is turned off, x-bow live cant detect that you have linux installed. 

The Tutorial dosent say anithing about modchips, u can do it witout then it dosent work. And yes i know you can turn off modchips and run Xbox Live.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 07-26-2004 at 11:42 AM

but there are also many different versions of the xbox aswell, such as Crystal XBOX, Green XBOX, XBOX 1.5 (Smaller), Sky xbox and more. There are a lot of games now on the xbox, and if you think about it, you can get games that are on xbox that are also on ps2, and look at the graphics difference, the speed of the loading and saving, it halfs the time of the game!!

[Image: xboxcrystal_screen001.jpg]
^crystal^
[Image: green%20xbox%20small.jpg]
^Green^
[Image: blueskymartini.jpg]
^sky^

you can also get skins! Here!

and there are many other places!!

RE: RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Ice Queen on 07-26-2004 at 03:23 PM

[Image: ps2_silver1.jpg]

The Blue one:
[Image: g9555350.jpg]

And the gold one:
[Image: gold.jpg]

hey i like the silver ps2 it looks more high fashin but the blue can pass too

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by minnimat796 on 07-26-2004 at 08:22 PM

what about the gamecube?
it lots of quality titles, good graphics ant its v. cheap (where i live) and theres lots of replay value 4 most of the games, unlike a lot of titles

RE: RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Ice Queen on 07-28-2004 at 06:20 PM

[Image: xboxcrystal_screen001.jpg]
^crystal^
[Image: green%20xbox%20small.jpg]
^Green^
[Image: blueskymartini.jpg]
^sky^

i like the crystal XBox better the green one looks shitty and the sky one that looks just awful

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 07-28-2004 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by minnimat796
what about the gamecube?
it lots of quality titles, good graphics ant its v. cheap (where i live) and theres lots of replay value 4 most of the games, unlike a lot of titles

I, along with many others, disagree with this, the gamecube's titles are mostly just star wars and mario, they're good games and cheap, but the graphics are like cartoons, yea, i love some of the games but a lot of them are rubbish. If i can recall, most games come out again cheaper.

PSX - Platinum
PS2 - Platinum
XBOX - Classics

never have i heard of a classic NG game :S
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by belluso_316 on 07-28-2004 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
gamecube has too childish games... ps2 hasn't got enough technical specs to face xbox... and the only console that has a future is the xbox... ps2 is falling apart because all the new games are on xbox too ;)

uhhh lets see the next XBOX WILL NOT include a hard drive and WILL NOT have backward compatibility and the cost be the same or maybe a little more than the PS3.

yeah XBOX is the future.... to be broke:D

and one other think just buy and XBOX just for HALO?? when you have a lot more of hit games on PS2 or GC

in the end you buy and XBOX just for maybe 1 and half or 2 years more of games that u dont know how good they will be and halo after that u are stuck with an out date not compatible piece of junk.

want great graphics?? check resident evil outbreak ps2 or Metroid Prime 2: Echos GC now those are really cool graphics and action games.

in my opinion by a GameCube
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 07-28-2004 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by belluso_316
uhhh lets see the next XBOX WILL NOT include a hard drive and WILL NOT have backward compatibility and the cost be the same or maybe a little more than the PS3.

yeah XBOX is the future.... to be broke:D

and one other think just buy and XBOX just for HALO?? when you have a lot more of hit games on PS2 or GC

in the end you buy and XBOX just for maybe 1 and half or 2 years more of games that u dont know how good they will be and halo after that u are stuck with an out date not compatible piece of junk.

want great graphics?? check resident evil outbreak ps2 or Metroid Prime 2: Echos GC now those are really cool graphics and action games.

in my opinion by a GameCube
A lot of people do not buy it for halo, they buy it for what it is, a wonder, its a beast of a machine, and the information you have is incorrect i'm afraid, so do not get your hopes up yet ;).

The ratio of people buying xbox over gamecube increased, within 3 months of the xbox being sold, Microsoft were selling around 65% more xbox's than Gamecubes!

The amount of games that are out on the consoles means nothing, its the quality of the games, the gameplay and the graphics, anyway, is it not right that PS2 Came out in 1999, which means that it would have more games anyway, so it had 2 years more too make games for it!

And correct me if i'm wrong, isn't XBOX becoming one of the more popular consoles for its ability? Does ps2 have half of the graphics, speed or quality of the games on the xbox? NO. Does gamecube have that either? NO.

Either ways, the xbox is, and always will be a superior machine too any other, for one simple reason.

BILL GATES

hes a genious, and look at all of the quality employees now working for Microsoft.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by RaceProUK on 07-28-2004 at 10:00 PM

He also has a very intelligent lawyer for a father...

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by sasquatch on 07-29-2004 at 02:02 AM

i'm holding up for my PSP, my computer will do fine until then :D

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Sk3tch on 07-29-2004 at 02:19 AM

blah @ GC... i have a PS2 and its fine... does the job and i like the style of games.. its that easy. XBox is ok thought, just deppends on the person.

anyway... save your money and get the PS3 ;) :P

(Or PSP if you like)

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 08-02-2004 at 07:22 PM

Or you could save the same ammount of money, and around the same time, get an XB2X :D lol y not. its better, lol.... 

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pyroteq on 08-03-2004 at 01:13 AM

i dont know if the XB2 or the PS3 will be better...my Xbox kicks my PS2's ass but if the XB2 isnt going to have a HD unless PS3 will its probly not going to be that much better, the saftey cords and Live were great features in the Xbox, i was sick of my ps2 cords pulling it across the room and yeah well ill just have to wait and see...Any details on the XB2X and the PS3? Im presuming PS3 is seperate to PSP...

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Sk3tch on 08-03-2004 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Im presuming PS3 is seperate to PSP...
yes :P

I personally don’t like the HD.. mem cards are fine :S.. and its gd for travel and various location playing, although ive never really gone in depth with the xbox so i don’t know how the system works :dodgy:

Anyway, PS3 is my well anticipated goal.. and you can expect nice things ;)

However, if your an XBox fan... xBox2 will probably be great also.
RE: RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pyroteq on 08-03-2004 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch

I personally don’t like the HD.. mem cards are fine :S

If you want to pay $60 for one, and i have two of them for my PS2 so thats $120 i could have used on somthing else...

If portablilty is your issue then Xbox also has memory cards for about the same price
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Sk3tch on 08-03-2004 at 08:41 AM

quote:
If you want to pay $60 for one, and i have two of them for my PS2 so thats $120 i could have used on somthing else...
oh i agree.. the price range on the products can be ridiculous, but i think its just simple enough. To me its not about the price, if it was.. i wouldn't even buy a game system tbh..
quote:
If portablilty is your issue then Xbox also has memory cards for about the same price
Yep (Y) which is also good, however i don’t see the need in a HD and a mem card :S.. just one or the other would be fine (IMO) and in all general usage, i think the card is more suited. But again this is just my view and everyone has their own opinion :)
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 08-03-2004 at 10:44 AM

Does it seriously cost $60 for a memory card, they cost £10 here :|.

The hardrive is very useful, and you also have the custom soundtracks, so you don't have too listen too the crappy music that they have put on games like Conflict: Desert Storm.

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by MessEnGer on 08-03-2004 at 10:54 AM

Is Ps3 Xbox2 coming out soon ?

if yes, what are the new features ?

and anywhere i can get any details

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 08-03-2004 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Is Ps3 Xbox2 coming out soon ?

if yes, what are the new features ?

and anywhere i can get any details

XB2X is set for 2005-2006, Bill Gates is showing it at a press conference in March 2005.
RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by Pr0xY on 08-05-2004 at 04:51 AM

I wonder if X-Box2 will be able to play X-Box  one games...

RE: Ps2 or Xbox? by user27089 on 08-05-2004 at 08:11 AM

quote:
I wonder if X-Box2
will be able to play X-Box  one games...

There is a very high chance as they are just severely
upgrading the drivers, and they wouldn't leave us with
useless games would they, and people will still buy the
first xbox games, so why not make them compatible? 
Its not for your sake remember, all they want is money.