Shoutbox

Import/Export Customized Contact Name List. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Import/Export Customized Contact Name List. (/showthread.php?tid=28995)

Import/Export Customized Contact Name List. by iamscifi on 07-22-2004 at 05:39 AM

Hi.

I have 3 PCs (Home, Office and Notebook) and more than 80 contacts in my MSN messenger 6.2.

Since most of my friends using creative alias, I enjoy to use cutomized contact names feature at messenger plus.

But it is very long and painful job to register the customized contact names for 3 different PCs.

Is there anyway that I can export customized contact name lists and copy to other PCS?:o

RE: Import/Export Customized Contact Name List. by ddunk on 07-22-2004 at 05:45 AM

Go to the Main Messenger windows, then Plus! > Preferences.

In the bottom left, there will be a floppy disk icon next to "Save/Load", click that.

Check 'Export my Preferences to a data file' and click next.

Check what other options you wish, but to get the contact names, the second-from-the-top option should be checked. Click next, then click close.

The file is now in the My Documents folder and is called 'Messenger Plus! settings for <e-mail>.'

Put that on a floppy disk, and on the new computer, go back to save/load and import that file. Good luck.