Shoutbox

has this ever happened to anyone else? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: has this ever happened to anyone else? (/showthread.php?tid=29009)

has this ever happened to anyone else? by cpineo on 07-22-2004 at 02:58 PM

i got msn 6.2 and the newest msgplus installed... when i send a message my hole msn messager freezes for about 5 or 6 sec..... it pisses me off... but i cant seem to fix it, i've re-installed everything a1 few times... can anyone help?

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by belluso_316 on 07-22-2004 at 03:48 PM

well give more info like your specs and if you have plus what version and any pluging you have for plus or msn

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by cpineo on 07-22-2004 at 04:45 PM

I got 191mb of ram, i have a geforce MX440 but it is not working right now, ummm, 40 gigs, my OS is XP Pro, and 664mhz....., i dont got any plug-ins installed....
My msgplus is the 3.1.0.94 version

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by lopardo on 07-22-2004 at 05:42 PM

Since when is this happening? Have you installed a plugin or another program?

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by CookieRevised on 07-22-2004 at 09:00 PM

Did you install other addons like SmileyCentral, InfoPen Pro, or anything else related to Messenger?

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by cpineo on 07-23-2004 at 12:48 AM

nope... ummmmm, it happened a few weeks ago when i formatted my computer??

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by Vantage on 07-23-2004 at 12:56 AM

could it be a server issue? :S

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by cpineo on 07-23-2004 at 10:07 AM

ummmm, i dunno... i got high speed..... how would i tell if it was a server issue?

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by CookieRevised on 07-23-2004 at 12:33 PM

Very difficult to make sure, only after you ruled out everything:
dodgy virusscanners (that scans everything you type to make sure you don't send/recieve anything dodgy), firewalls, 3rd party programs, addons, plugins, etc... etc... etc..., you can say it is serverside...

But experience told me that it is rarely that and most often is something that you have running along side messenger or bad settings in some program/windows/whatever.

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by Millenium_edition on 07-23-2004 at 01:08 PM

either your windows registry is corrupt or has major bugs... either you've got some dialer spyware or some sh*t that eats memory...

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by HellCraw on 07-27-2004 at 07:24 PM

I had the same prob... Just removed the Hopper plugin from the plugin folder and it worked :D

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by CookieRevised on 07-27-2004 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HellCraw
I had the same prob... Just removed the Hopper plugin from the plugin folder and it worked :D
quote:
Originally posted by cpineo
i dont got any plug-ins installed....

EDIT: But for those replying to this thread saying they got the same problem and if they have the Hopper plugin: try to disable/uninstall it as it seems that it can cause some lags with some people...
RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by jren207 on 07-27-2004 at 09:46 PM

Or a bad hard drive, the part where is msn is installed might be damaged. Run a disk check??

RE: has this ever happened to anyone else? by dec_belfast on 07-28-2004 at 05:57 PM

ive gat the same problem, sometimes its ok but most times its lagging like you said, dec