Shoutbox

Plugin list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin list (/showthread.php?tid=29032)

Plugin list by giken on 07-23-2004 at 06:44 AM

Just an idea:

there are a lot of plugins in this forum section sparse in a lot of different thread...
it is often difficult to browse all of them looking for latest version available or to know if their developing is continuing...
More the plugin is old more is difficult to find its thread and download link...
My idea is:
what about a sticky thread with a list of all plugins with current version and dowload link (and original thread link too)?

I think this could be good idea to make plugin search faster and to avoid that older plugins go lost when thread is no more visible in the first topic pages...

(sorry for my english, I hope you understand me)

RE: Plugin list by Chrono on 07-23-2004 at 06:57 AM

yeah, it's a nice idea (even though it would be a pain in the ass to create the thread :lol:)

Anyway, "approved" plugins are listed and uploaded at msgplus.net... link u say? http://plugins.msgplus.net

RE: Plugin list by giken on 07-23-2004 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

yeah, it's a nice idea (even though it would be a pain in the ass to create the thread :lol:)

I think it could be less painful if plugin's authors give their help to create the thread with own plugin version and download link.
If every author gives infos on his plugins, it's simple :D

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

Anyway, "approved" plugins are listed and uploaded at msgplus.net... link u say? http://plugins.msgplus.net

Yes, I know it but I suggested to create thread because plugin database is not updated very often (some plugins are in the older version) and other ones doesn't appear at all (for example openconvo is not listed).
Usually authors post here their development progresses so it's simpler to monitor forum, i guess :)
RE: Plugin list by Wouter on 07-23-2004 at 08:26 AM

yeah i like the idea also :P

something like the author of the programms add the programm to the thread [info about the programm and of cource a screenshot ;)] and a link to the thread where people can ask questions about it ;) 'else the thread gets messy :P'

RE: Plugin list by Phrive on 07-23-2004 at 09:41 AM

yeah thas a really gd idea kinda liek in the skins forum and is has all the latest skins in one ast to finbd place gd idea!

RE: Plugin list by giken on 07-24-2004 at 08:40 AM

Thanks to all to appreciate my idea :)
Is it possible?
Maybe a moderator can create it

RE: Plugin list by JaymachRalTir on 07-24-2004 at 11:19 PM

Well although it's not really what people are asking for, when I make my MSN site (when I get off my lazy ass and finally get some time off work ;)) then I'm gonna host the 60+ plugins that I have on my PC...

RE: Plugin list by lopardo on 07-25-2004 at 04:15 AM

I'd suggest adding a link to the plugin's website (for those who have one) in http://plugins.msgplus.net :)

RE: Plugin list by Phrive on 07-25-2004 at 07:35 AM

what if we made a thread in the plugins section and all u post is completed plugins?

RE: Plugin list by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 10:40 AM

there was a thread about this, and the idea is good, but the same things that happen to plugins.msgplus.net would happen to the thread. (outdated, few plugins, etc...)

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
I suggested to create thread because plugin database is not updated very often (some plugins are in the older version) and other ones doesn't appear at all (for example openconvo is not listed).
It's up to the developers to tell when they update their plugins, that's why plugins.msgplus.net is not very often updated: People don't say they've created/updated a plugin. Quote from the site:
quote:
Submit a pluginIf you've done a plugin that's not in the database, e-mail it to mplus@fraisie.net to get it listed.

RE: Plugin list by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-25-2004 at 11:17 AM

I really like this idea and I think ppl would use it, but then the mods/admin would have to check that only "finished" plugins will be posted there....
The problem with plugins.msgplus.net is that we have to write an email with attachment and stuff, but it's much easier for us to just post it here and then write some info about it, this will also make it easier for us to update our stuff instead of sending yet another email just to update our plugins....
I really hope this idea will come true and will work proberly, and then the creater of a plugin could create a thread where we could post problems and bugs and stuff, and then the creator could link to this thread in his post... I think this would really help clearing out this forum coz it is really getting to messy atm....

RE: Plugin list by giken on 07-27-2004 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
I really like this idea and I think ppl would use it, but then the mods/admin would have to check that only "finished" plugins will be posted there....
The problem with plugins.msgplus.net is that we have to write an email with attachment and stuff, but it's much easier for us to just post it here and then write some info about it, this will also make it easier for us to update our stuff instead of sending yet another email just to update our plugins....
I really hope this idea will come true and will work proberly, and then the creater of a plugin could create a thread where we could post problems and bugs and stuff, and then the creator could link to this thread in his post... I think this would really help clearing out this forum coz it is really getting to messy atm....

You understood my idea perfectly ;)
Hope it will come true :)
RE: Plugin list by cofitanner on 07-27-2004 at 02:10 PM

one think i would like to see in the plugin section either on forum or the site would be which version of plus + msn the plugins work on...

cuz i download some and they dont work on Plus!3 but you dont find that out till u download and install :( so if it would be possible for the plugin section to say which plugins work on Plus!3 that would be excellent :)

RE: Plugin list by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-27-2004 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cofitanner
one think i would like to see in the plugin section either on forum or the site would be which version of plus + msn the plugins work on...

cuz i download some and they dont work on Plus!3 but you dont find that out till u download and install :( so if it would be possible for the plugin section to say which plugins work on Plus!3 that would be excellent :)

That's not the forums problem.. that's the creator of the plugin that have to say something about this, and sometimes you don't even know if it works in MP3!/MP2! or not.... so other ppl will have to come tell that it doesn't work on MP2!... this is not a "change" in the forum generally this is a request to all the ppl here and the creators to tell if it works or not on MP2!/MP3!/whatver... :D...