Shoutbox

can u add other than @hotmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: can u add other than @hotmail (/showthread.php?tid=29061)

can u add other than @hotmail by kingboy on 07-24-2004 at 08:55 AM

is it possible to add a contact with a domain other than @hotmail/@msn? There are some bots that use @*******.tk and stuff. I would realy like to use them:)

RE: can u add other than @hotmail by Kryptonate on 07-24-2004 at 09:00 AM

sure you can :), as long as the e-mailaddress has a .net passport you can add it.

RE: can u add other than @hotmail by KeyStorm on 07-24-2004 at 10:42 AM

Well, you have to register at http://www.passport.net with any mail account and you'll be able to use it as your Messenger Passport address.

RE: can u add other than @hotmail by Wabz on 07-25-2004 at 07:03 PM

To add a contact without a hotmail address just type email@nothotmail.com address in the add contacts box

RE: can u add other than @hotmail by Tochjo on 07-25-2004 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deej
tut tut, elite member and giving false information! :p
He is absolutely correct. If you wish to add someone to your contact list, regardless of whether what email address he is using, just add them. Why would that be false information? :-/
RE: can u add other than @hotmail by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deej
tut tut, elite member and giving false information! :p
what are you saying? no elite member said anything wrong.

In fact, the messenger addresses are only normal email addresses. Most people use @hotmail.com or @msn.com but using @what.ever.com is also possible. You can add/delete/talk with/block... them as if they were "usual" addresses (@homail.com or @msn.com). You can also, as it's been said, create your own "personal" address. You have to register it (create a .net passport) and you're done ;)
RE: can u add other than @hotmail by ayjay on 07-25-2004 at 08:06 PM

I've just realised what an idiot I am. I thought he was joking saying you actually had to put the @nothotmail bit. But it is all so clear now.

[walks off looking ashamed]

:'(