Shoutbox

Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying (/showthread.php?tid=29064)

Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying by DeltaBlast on 07-24-2004 at 02:21 PM

Since plus 3, away and busy messages pull MSN into focus. For example, when I play a game, when someone talks to me the game "alttabs" to the goddamn messenger screen.

For example, when I put "/busy *playing generals*", the idea is that I don't want to get interrupted while playing Generals, but at the same time tell the person talking to me what I'm doing.
But what really happens is that MSN comes into focus, Generals crashes, and I'm pissed off.

I think it's fixable, because it wasn't this way in the previous installment of plus (or so I believe).

Also, if possible, fix the same "bug" for autoaccept too (if someone sends me a file, autoaccept pulls that screen into focus).

Oh and auto come back messages too (when they work that is.. maybe you remember me from that old thread saying automsgs don't work half the time? They still don't :p).

I hope this doesn't sound too confusing... If there's something you don't understand, just ask :p

RE: Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying by Choli on 07-24-2004 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
I think it's fixable, because it wasn't this way in the previous installment of plus (or so I believe).
I still think like you, however Patchou says that's the only way of doing it :mipdodgy:....

Anyway, after sending the automesage, comeback message, autoaccepting the file, what ever, ... after that, plus should restore the window that had the focus, so, in theory, you shouldn't notice it.
RE: Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying by Millenium_edition on 07-24-2004 at 02:57 PM

you do if you play a fullscreen game =/

RE: Not really a bug but sure as hell annoying by Choli on 07-24-2004 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you do if you play a fullscreen game =/
i haven't tested it, but there has been several threads where people reported that "bug" (or problem, glitch, etc.. call it like you want :P)