Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load (/showthread.php?tid=29070)

Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by vantuz on 07-24-2004 at 05:09 PM

Okie I'm new to msg plus! and this is the first time I'm using it and I dunno wat's wrong wif it.
I'm currently running msn messenger 6.2 and I juz downloaded msg plus! version 3.01.94.
The problem is dat msg plus! doesn't load everytime I start my msn messenger, instead the Messenger Plus! Recovery window will be poping up.
After selecting dat "Repair and restart Messenger (recommended)", then only msg plus! will be loaded.
The same thing will happen again when I log off and exit msn messenger n then log in again.
Oh yeah.........I do not have any SmileyCentral running but I do have softwares like Zone Alarm Pro and Norton Antivirus running alongside messenger.
I really need help in resolving the problem as soon as possible. Thank you very much!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Sunshine on 07-24-2004 at 09:06 PM

Uninstall plus an reboot into safe mode > choose the account called "administrator" an install plus there.

Edit: Ohh yeah - do not run any progs ("optimizers") that terminate "suspicious/unneccesary" programs, since they don't recognize plus! as a prog an therefor will close it. I don't know if u run such a program but just incase ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by vantuz on 07-25-2004 at 06:46 AM

tried all but it didn't slove da problem oso........any other solution??

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Sunshine on 07-25-2004 at 08:59 AM

Try this: plus > preferences > general options > miscellanious (tab)
Under Messenger Plus! Automatic Recovery Options check: "Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"

If that also doesnt work please post all programs u have running (on start up) besides MSN messenger.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by vantuz on 07-25-2004 at 10:43 AM

alrite.....i only have Zone Alarm Pro, Norton Antivirus, ICQ Plus, WindowBlinds 4, and Absolute Shield Internet Eraser running during startup.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 10:50 AM

but if you press Ctrl + Alt + Del, MsgPlus.exe is there, isn't it? Also note that (in case you have Windows XP (what Windows do you have?)) Windows Messenger has to be loaded before MSN Messenger... (<- this may not be your problem)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Sunshine on 07-25-2004 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vantuz
alrite.....i only have Zone Alarm Pro, Norton Antivirus, ICQ Plus, WindowBlinds 4, and Absolute Shield Internet Eraser running during startup.

It could be WindowBlinds, try uninstall that.

P.S have u tried what i suggested in my previous post? To force plus! to load on startup?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Anubis on 07-25-2004 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
but if you press Ctrl + Alt + Del
You missed out clicking on the process tab...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by vantuz on 07-25-2004 at 01:55 PM

I've tried everything. I unistalled WindowBlinds n oso "To force plus! to load on startup".
But nothing is working.
and yes......msgplus.exe is there when i press clt+alt+dlt.
by the way, i'm running window xp home edition.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
You missed out clicking on the process tab...
windows 98 users, for example, don't need to click any process tab and windows xp users may configure it so the process tab is the one selected by default :XP: :refuck:
quote:
I've tried everything. I unistalled WindowBlinds n oso "To force plus! to load on startup".
But nothing is working.
and yes......msgplus.exe is there when i press clt+alt+dlt.
by the way, i'm running window xp home edition.
then i only can think in one thing: Are you using a modified version of messenger (polygamy/games patched/skinned version) and/or are you running it from another folder than the one where it's installed by default (c:\program files\msn messenger)?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Anubis on 07-25-2004 at 02:50 PM

Have you attempted uninstalling MSN Messenger and then installing it again?

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
windows 98 users, for example, don't need to click any process tab and windows xp users may configure it so the process tab is the one selected by default
Yeah I know, I have it open my Process tab by default. However this person may not and therefore it would be useful to make sure that they were on the process tab rather than ignorantly assuming it...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by vantuz on 07-25-2004 at 02:58 PM

uninstalling n installing bck my msn messenger didn't solve da problem oso. n my msn is installed at da default path (c:\program files\msn messenger). n oso my msn messenger is da original version....not da modified version of it.
anyway, thanks for all da help........i dun think i still want 2 use mgs plus! anymore since it is causing me so many problems.
i have given up hope!!!
thank you guys!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 04:09 PM

quote:
i dun think i still want 2 use mgs plus! anymore since it is causing me so many problems
ohh :( don't say that... You have a problem and we want you to use plus, so there should be a way... keep trying ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.01.94....doesn't load by CookieRevised on 07-25-2004 at 04:11 PM

quote:
i dun think i still want 2 use mgs plus! anymore since it is causing me so many problems.
all the problems that it caused? The only problem you have is that it doesn't run... :/

Anyways,

When you press CTRL-ALT-DEL (and go to the processes tab (Anubis :rolleyes: :p)) take a screenshot of it (and make sure the entire list is visible!) or type ALL the processes that are running in a post.