Shoutbox

.PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem (/showthread.php?tid=29077)

.PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by jren207 on 07-24-2004 at 11:57 PM

I recently installed Picasa, a photo viewer editor and its plugins have a .PLE filetype.

This means that all my encrypted logfiles are now picasa plugins. I can open and enter the password to view the log from within MSN Messenger but I can't do much when opening them alone. I managed to restore the icon and the program it opens with but the function wont work (when double clicking an encrypted file, password box opens and I enter a password and it opens).

Does anyone know how to fully get it so when I double click the file, it asks for my password and opens (like before picasa)?

The restore function wont work it'll only restore the file type to a picasa plugin.

RE: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by Tochjo on 07-24-2004 at 11:59 PM

Wouldn't reinstalling Messenger Plus! restore the link between .PLE and Messenger Plus!?

RE: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by jren207 on 07-25-2004 at 12:01 AM

Good idea. Do I need to uninstall it first, or will it install over itself?

RE: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by jren207 on 07-25-2004 at 12:36 AM

Yay all hope has been restored! and the file type :P

Silly me for not thinking of reinstalling MP!3

Thanks Tochjo

RE: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by Mnjul on 07-25-2004 at 02:52 AM

Next time it could save you a little while by right-clicking on a .ple file, click "Properties" and change the program .ple is to be opened with ;)

RE: .PLE messenger Plus! encrypted logfile file type problem by jren207 on 07-25-2004 at 02:34 PM

No no no, this is why I posted this thread. I tried doing it myself and did that but when I double clicked a .ple file, it wouldn't open like it should. But reinstalling Plus! was quick and easy and it fixed the problem. No worries now