Shoutbox

Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats (/showthread.php?tid=29085)

Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by MSGPlusRox on 07-25-2004 at 01:11 PM

How do I get rid of that stupid warning about giving out credit card numbers and replace it with Msg Plus rox! I can't find the option in the settings. I'm using the latest versions of Plus! and MSNM on WinXP Pro SP1.

RE: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by toddy on 07-25-2004 at 01:15 PM

the message only appears for your first 5 conversations windows

RE: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by MSGPlusRox on 07-25-2004 at 01:20 PM

Oooooo, thanks so much.

RE: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by Choli on 07-25-2004 at 02:52 PM

However you can still change that text using Msgplus tweaker (link in my sig). And also you can change some value at the registry to force messenger to show the message more than 5 times although i don't think you want to see it more than 5 times. I personally don't like that message and after those 5 times I was happy :P

RE: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by MSGPlusRox on 07-25-2004 at 05:56 PM

That's OK. I think I'm nearing my last few times. I can wait it out.

RE: Get rid of the warning text at the start of chats by CookieRevised on 07-25-2004 at 06:05 PM

in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<account_id>\WarningMsgCount
set it to:
=> 5 to disable
=> 0xFFFFFFFF (hexadecimal!) to always enable
=> 0 to start the 5-times count again

more details:
CookieRevised's reply to MsgPlus rock! and further posts...