Shoutbox

Wmp In Msn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Wmp In Msn (/showthread.php?tid=29108)

Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 03:31 AM

I was just wondering if there was a way to dock the windows media player into the msn chat window.  i would b attached on the left side of where the convo is shown...im not shure if it can be done...i highly doubt it, but it would be useful when watching videos, so that you can type and chat at the same time without having to keep pausin the media player

I dont knowif it is possible(yn)

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 03:38 AM

surely if u are watching a film, you don't wanna be talkin at the same time.  otherwise its gonna be hard to following the film if you are also reading the conversation.

but if u wanna do both, u could always resize the windows to be able to veiw both

RE: Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 03:45 AM

yea but it would be hard especially if your dealin wit more than one person

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 03:48 AM

if u was talkin to more than one person, it would be nearly impossible to watch a film at the same time.  you would miss some much of the film

RE: Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 03:49 AM

you woulnt miss anything if the media player was docked to the chat window

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 04:04 AM

yeh u would, coz u can't watch the film and read the text at the same time. and if u talkin to 3/4 people, thats 3 or 4 bits of text to read and try watch the film at the same time. which is just not possible, meanin u would miss parts of the film

RE: Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 04:06 AM

some people can watch n read at the same time...im not asking for an arguement im askin whether or not it can b done, if you cant do it then dont post a reply

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 04:16 AM

no one can read and watch at the same time, its impossible.

and yes i will post a reply, if i think that it is a pritty useless thing to make as you can't possible read and watch at the same time

RE: Wmp In Msn by CookieRevised on 07-26-2004 at 04:19 AM

1) You can always resize the wmp window, like toddy said, so you have both the wmp-window and a convo window on your screen. And you can click/open/close concowindows as you like of course...

2) You can even set wmp to always be on top...

3) If you got Windows XP, then right click your taskabr and select "toolbars > window media player". Now if that is ticked, you can just minimize WMP and it will show up in your taskbar. Now you can easly open the visualisationwindow by clicking on the righttop icon in that wmp-bar...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=282406]

4) Why do people always want to integrate/throw everything into 1 program??????? and when everything is put into 1 program, then they complain that it is bloated and uses to much memory *sigh*

5) Like toddy said, how are you gonna watch a movie and chat with different people at the same time? O_o

RE: Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 06:47 AM

thank you Cookie for a post that gives me reasoning and solution instead of arguement, thats all i wanted to know, an alternative...thanks

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
thank you Cookie for a post that gives me reasoning and solution instead of arguement, thats all i wanted to know, an alternative...thanks

what ?!?!
he doesn't suggest anything different ! he just confirms what i said.  oh apart from tellin you that u can use the toolbar, but who would want to watch a movie that is 1" by 1"
RE: Wmp In Msn by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2004 at 06:57 AM

at least im watchin it...i may have been wrong but there was an alternative..its ok...its done wit

RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 07:03 AM

well u could resize the windows and you would get a much better n bigger picture

RE: RE: Wmp In Msn by Maniac on 07-26-2004 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
no one can read and watch at the same time, its impossible.

and yes i will post a reply, if i think that it is a pritty useless thing to make as you can't possible read and watch at the same time

:rofl:

I watch and chat at the same time.... though i only do it with one specific person and not many windows on, i set myself as busy and all but still keep that window opened, all you have to do is read/type fast and pick those right moments in moves where nothing happens :p
RE: Wmp In Msn by toddy on 07-26-2004 at 07:52 AM

so u don't actually do both at the same time, when u write u miss parts of the film

RE: Wmp In Msn by WDZ on 07-26-2004 at 08:03 AM

OK, everyone shut up :blah!:

Thread closed.