Shoutbox

"Alert display" size - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: "Alert display" size (/showthread.php?tid=29128)

"Alert display" size by ashmanto on 07-26-2004 at 01:14 PM

I dont know if this is a good idea... I was just wondering if anybody could make a plugin that makes the "alert display" of anyone that signs in a little bigger, so u could see the whole nick if the nick is long..?

does anyone understand what I am saying, or am I just talking bullsh*t?

RE: "Alert display" size by Anubis on 07-26-2004 at 01:23 PM

Yeah. I think making the popup toasts bigger has been mentioned in the past...dunno if anyone has made a plugin to do it...and I don't think it would be possible without hacking the runtime or .exe file\files of Messenger...which is illegal...

RE: "Alert display" size by ashmanto on 07-26-2004 at 01:38 PM

Ahh, ok.. stupid legal rights :@

RE: "Alert display" size by user27089 on 07-26-2004 at 02:10 PM

But wouldn't this plugin make the hopper the most annoying thing in the world? Its annoying anyway, but if they're extended, then it would interfere even more with what you are doing at that point in time.

RE: "Alert display" size by Anubis on 07-26-2004 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
But wouldn't this plugin make the hopper the most annoying thing in the world? Its annoying anyway, but if they're extended, then it would interfere even more with what you are doing at that point in time.
People would have a choice if they wanted to use Hopper and this "toast enlarger"...so that'd be ok...
quote:
Originally posted by ashmanto
stupid legal rights
Ah, I can't say I want every Tom, Dick and Harry p**sing around with how Messenger works ;)...This law scares the kind of n00bs who reshack around things and screw things up. IMO its a good thing...
RE: "Alert display" size by CookieRevised on 07-26-2004 at 03:37 PM

I don't see the point realy... well I do, I understand, but take in account that nicks can be VERY long. To show everything you proberly have to make a VERY huge toast. You now say "make it a little bigger", well, what's "a little"?. it will always be too small, unless you have a very HUGE toast....

RE: "Alert display" size by ashmanto on 07-26-2004 at 04:31 PM

hehe.. oh well... guess noone can make this then :p

RE: "Alert display" size by Anubis on 07-26-2004 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashmanto
guess noone can make this then
No. It could be made, just for either legal or lack of point reason no one will...