Shoutbox

some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files (/showthread.php?tid=29133)

some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Twan on 07-26-2004 at 04:02 PM

i want a program like windows movie maker.... but in windows movie maker you can only save as .WMV and i want to save as a .AVI with DIVX OR XVID codec :) 

can someone suggest me a program ??

RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Anubis on 07-26-2004 at 05:06 PM

Try Virtual Dub, Virtual Dub Mod or Nandub, it can kind of do that. Just make sure when you save the video the video is set to "Direct Stream Copy"

RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Twan on 07-26-2004 at 08:05 PM

i have virtual dub mod.. but i thought that was only for converting  .OGM to .AVI but i will try to do it with that program.. i will reply again if it did work 

when i try to append a segment i get the following error on the attachment 

what can i do about that :S

mod: edited to add content of double post.
RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by CookieRevised on 07-26-2004 at 08:11 PM

1) Twan, you are warned before for double posting and also mods have already edited some posts of yours because of double posting.
Double posting is not allowed.... => rules
Use the [Image: edit.gif]-button to edit your previous post if you want to post addional info/requests/whatever....

2) The problem is, like the message says clearly, that the bitrates of the audiostreams aren't the same. Apparently they must be the same in order to add them together...

RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Twan on 07-26-2004 at 08:12 PM

alright... and srry for the trouble :S

RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Anubis on 07-27-2004 at 01:17 PM

Its not just the bitrates, although this does apply...Its impossible to mix files with any difference with codecs, resolution size and files that are using different types of audio streams like mp3 (MatrixMixer) and AC3...although Virtual Dub Mod can change the properties of video files, it can take a lot of time to get it precisely right though...

RE: some one knows a program to edit and save as .AVI files by Twan on 07-27-2004 at 04:31 PM

yeah i guess zo.. than i will try, it's vacation so i have time to try :)