Shoutbox

Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? (/showthread.php?tid=29148)

Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by jren207 on 07-26-2004 at 09:39 PM

This may sound stupid but once when I was typin a message, I saw the Send button and thought, "does anyone use it?"

Personally, I don't think it should be there lol. I just type my message and hit the return key.

Tell me if this is stupid ok...

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by RebelSean on 07-26-2004 at 09:41 PM

It isn't stupid. I hit the return key for EVERYTHING. Login scripts ect. In msn after I type a message I hit enter.

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Sk3tch on 07-26-2004 at 09:47 PM

Yep, Return (Enter) key here as well... and i find Plus! being semi-command based its very nice.

I don’t use the button (mouse) but i think its useful if your new to messenger. And of course if you tend to use the mouse more then the keyboard. So it works both ways, which is good :)

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Vantage on 07-26-2004 at 10:06 PM

i use my mouse for short things because i only type with one hand and enter for longer stuff

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Choli on 07-26-2004 at 10:11 PM

I use the key (enter, intro, return, call it what you want :P). I only use the button when sending ink messages

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Do you click the send button or do you press the return key???
why don't you add a poll? ;) Add it :P
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by jren207 on 07-26-2004 at 10:20 PM

Nooo it wont let me, how?? A poll would be good :)

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Guido on 07-26-2004 at 11:03 PM

I use the Enter button, obviously. I remember when starting to use MSN Messenger after months or years of only-ICQ messaging (and i.e. alt+s to send a message), I found that enter thing so useful and confusing at the same time :P

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Kryptonate on 07-26-2004 at 11:23 PM

Enter :) only for Ink messages I use "Send"

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Maniac on 07-26-2004 at 11:27 PM

The question is more like "does anyone use send " lol

Like everyone I use the enter key and send for ink messages

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by CookieRevised on 07-26-2004 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Enter :) only for Ink messages I use "Send"
same here... Or when I lean back on my chair and I can type very short msg like "hi", "no", "yes" and I'm too lazy to move my hand to the enter-key and my other hand is on the mouse, I click on the button... :p
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by marissa on 07-27-2004 at 04:22 AM

I hit enter, and if im lazy ill hit tab until it goes to enter and if i miss ill just go through the whole way again...and i guess i use the send button too*-) (sorry im bored)

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by ddunk on 07-27-2004 at 04:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
I hit enter, and if im lazy ill hit tab until it goes to enter and if i miss ill just go through the whole way again...and i guess i use the send button too*-) (sorry im bored)
Ya know, Shift+Tab makes it go back, so like if you pass Enter, just press Shift+Tab and it'll go back.

Edit: Oh yeah, I press enter :P
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by azn angel on 07-27-2004 at 10:11 AM

enter all the way...sometimes i use da mouse buh when da keyboards on my lap and the mouse is all the way on the desk i cant be fucked

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by toddy on 07-27-2004 at 10:22 AM

i use enter apart from when sending drawings

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by user27089 on 07-27-2004 at 10:41 AM

Personally I use the return key for a lot of things, but its not the mostly used button i think the space bar is :)

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Vazza on 07-27-2004 at 12:30 PM

I tend to use the enter key mainly because I've got so used to using the keyboard shortcuts for access  (only coz I have a ancient laptop and use the keyboard to access it). I use send when I have the energy to move the mouse or if it just happens to be sitting on it. Depends if I'm going to searching the web after sending the message.

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Choli on 07-27-2004 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but its not the mostly used button i think the space bar is
i think the most used key is the letter E, 'cause it's the most common letter. :P
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Anubis on 07-27-2004 at 01:26 PM

I always hit enter, its much faster...I've noticed its the slower typers who click send and when you start typing at like 60+ wpm you just instantly hit return, when typing becomes as easy to come to you as walking...

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by dotNorma on 07-27-2004 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
i think the most used key is the letter E, 'cause it's the most common letter.

I dought that...In that sentence you used the letter E , 8 times and used a space 15 times. For every time you use the letter E in a word yo u have to use a space after the word :p

Anyway I use enter allways , Except when I have the dog in my lap and I am leaning back with my legs folder on the desk and I cant pull out the keyboard I use the mouse.
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Pyroteq on 07-28-2004 at 09:58 AM

I use the Enter key because its just easier unless im clicking on a custom emoticon or somthing and my mouse is allready there then i use the 'send' button

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by kao on 07-28-2004 at 11:06 AM

i always use the enter key, easier to just move my hand and press than to move hand onto mouse, then move mouse, and click ^o)

(i dont use handwriting either)

RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Choli on 07-28-2004 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I dought that...In that sentence you used the letter E , 8 times and used a space 15 times. For every time you use the letter E in a word yo u have to use a space after the word
hahaha, ... dodgy space :notfunny:
well, the space "may" be most used than the E, however the E is the most used letter.

Also, you can decide that looking only at one sentence. You'd take a whole Sakespeare book, for example

Last 2 sentences: 28 Es and 35 spaces :refuck: the numbers of Es by each space has increased :P
RE: Do you click the send button or do you press the return key??? by Ice Queen on 07-28-2004 at 07:29 PM

i normally use the return key it is quicker and easier on the hand especially if u r typing quickly