Shoutbox

movie news (james bond and star wars) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: movie news (james bond and star wars) (/showthread.php?tid=29172)

movie news (james bond and star wars) by Stigmata on 07-27-2004 at 04:00 PM

Orlando to play young James Bond
[Image: orlando-bloom_may04_170.jpg]

Orlando Bloom is to play a young James Bond in a new film about the secret agent's early years.

According to The Evening Standard the British actor has been signed by Miramax to star in the movie, about Bond's college days after being expelled from Eton.

Orlando was rumoured to be taking over the role of James Bond from Pierce Brosnan in the next film due out next November.

Bond producers are said to be looking for a new leading man and Orlando has been tipped for the part. 

star wars :

Legendary director George Lucas has announced that the next Star Wars film will be called Revenge of the Sith.
Lucas also revealed that the film would finally explain Anakin Skywalker's metamorphosis into the 'Star Wars' villain, Darth Vader.

*can you tell i copy'n'pasted*

RE: new bond :o by user27089 on 07-27-2004 at 04:09 PM

Wicked, I love orlando bloom (not literally), he's wicked, lol, he's a modern day rocker :chrongue:, he's an amazing actor !!

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by RaceProUK on 07-27-2004 at 09:59 PM

Orlando Bloom as Bond? I know he's good as Legolas in LOTR, but as Bond...
A theme from a comedy show springs to mind...
"It'll never work, it'll never work..."

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by ddunk on 07-27-2004 at 10:00 PM

I still like Pierce as Bond, IMO, he's the best of em. :P

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Garndell on 07-27-2004 at 11:58 PM

I heard Clive Owen (from King Arthur) was going to be the NEXT bond.

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Eljay on 07-28-2004 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
I heard Clive Owen (from King Arthur) was going to be the NEXT bond.
OMG NO!
he was bad enough as King Arthur (which i saw a special preview of last night :)) please dont inflict him on me again.
Also for orlando bloom all i can say is NO!
I think they should keep brosnan :)
Also i heard a rumour that robbie williams will be the next bond
could u imagine it
robbie williams
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Garndell on 07-29-2004 at 02:33 AM

Well considering that King Arthur (The New Film) is based on a premise of what could not have been true (but made good hollywood) you can't count him out.  Orlando should stay the hell away from Bond, as should Robbie.

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by sasquatch on 07-29-2004 at 02:40 AM

*sigh* wut ever happened to good actors like sean connery and roger moore? king arthur sucked, orlando bloom wuld suck as bond tho he was decent as legolas and robbie williams?????? christ, talk about killin the franchise

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Pipish on 07-29-2004 at 03:43 AM

i also heard jessica simpson is gunna be the next bond girl

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Twan on 07-29-2004 at 04:57 AM

everyone who loved the OLD bond won't love ANY new bond as much... they better stop making bond movies now the old one doens't want to anymore :dodgy:

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by WDZ on 07-29-2004 at 05:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pipish
i also heard jessica simpson is gunna be the next bond girl
:S I hope not! :p

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
everyone who loved the OLD bond won't love ANY new bond as much
True... I've seen all the Bond movies (some multiple times :p) and the older ones are better.
RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Garndell on 07-29-2004 at 08:04 AM

Sean Connery, Best Bond.  If he wasn't such a goof ball Steve Coogan could possibly pull it off.  But thereagain, if Hugh Grant wasnt a soppy git he could possibly do it too.

RE: RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Pyroteq on 07-29-2004 at 08:20 AM

Jessica simpson is hot who cares if shes dumb lol...

Orlando bloom? Not guna work...except for 14 year old girls..

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by user27089 on 07-29-2004 at 08:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone

:-/ thats a bit harsh ent it, I think he'll do fine, he'll be a stud too the ladies, after all, 007 films always have fine ladies in them **cough**Jessica Simpson**cough**... so he should be fine in that department, and he's a wicked actor, he should lose the tauche though!
RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by RaceProUK on 07-29-2004 at 08:43 AM

quote:
If he wasn't such a goof ball Steve Coogan could possibly pull it off.
That may be pushing it a bit...
RE: RE: RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by Garndell on 07-29-2004 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone

Dude, you seen the gob on that bint?  It puts Julia Roberts to shame, honestly if you want a bond girl Keira Knightley (sp?) could pull it off.
RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by user27089 on 07-29-2004 at 03:25 PM

Personally, i think Halle Berry was a great bond star, why don't they have Carmen Electra,  she was good in Starsky and Hutch, even though it was the worst film i'd seen in a while :-/.

quote:
Dude, you seen the gob on that bint?  It puts Julia Roberts to shame, honestly if you want a bond girl Keira Knightley (sp?) could pull it off.

[Image: JessicaSimpson_150.jpg]

I have now, and too be honest its not that bad. Julia Roberts is a great actor. Keira Knightly is a really good actor, but I don't think she'd have the right part, she's too young, she's only 18 :S.
RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by sasquatch on 07-29-2004 at 09:22 PM

frankly, i dun reli care if the bond girls are good actresses or not, all they need to do is look hot and read the script, even in the old bond movies

RE: movie news (james bond and star wars) by lizard.boy on 07-30-2004 at 02:32 AM

if orlando bloom is bond it will suck. if jessica simpson is a bond girl it would suck.

I love james bond alot. i even have  plaqued dad and tnd posters in my bedroom

lol http://uk.geocities.com/thenext007uk/contenders.html