Shoutbox

Adware removal help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Adware removal help (/showthread.php?tid=29195)

Adware removal help by ind3nt on 07-28-2004 at 07:34 AM

ok so i got this damn search bar thing in my task bar and i cant find the actual program or where it came from on my computer. and yes i have done an Spyware scan  is there a directory on where Toolbars for the Taskbar is stored ?

EDIT:
oh yeah its called Search Assistant and its not in the add / remove programs list. i think it might be from 180solutions too.

RE: Adware removal help by The Napster on 07-28-2004 at 08:27 AM

Are you sure you didnt accept the sponsor prog in Messenger Plus!? If so unsinstall Plus!
Try looking for a folder you think wasnt there before or something. Last time i got spyware it was stored under 180sol forlder in Program Files.

Try:
Spybot S&D
Ad-Aware

RE: Adware removal help by LoochTheMan on 07-28-2004 at 08:38 PM

I had that too once. To remove it:

Right click the toolbar->select "toolbar"->unclick Search

RE: Adware removal help by CookieRevised on 07-28-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster
Are you sure you didnt accept the sponsor prog in Messenger Plus!? If so unsinstall Plus!
No, this doesn't come from Messenger Plus!' sponsor... This comes most likely from a emoticon-installer or a program like CE/DP Backup Wizard. (all programs originated from sherv.net contain 180solutions adware/searchbar/whatever, you can read this in the licenses from those programs!).
RE: Adware removal help by ind3nt on 07-29-2004 at 04:51 AM

yeah its not msgplus i know that, i dno what it came from but i cant uninstall it. and when i go toolbars>search assistant its just back next reboot

RE: Adware removal help by user27089 on 07-29-2004 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by _indent
yeah its not msgplus i know that, i dno what it came from but i cant uninstall it. and when i go toolbars>search assistant its just back next reboot

As the napster said, try and get some adware/spyware removal programs, and it should get rid of it. Try and get any of the following, they're free

Ad-aware 6.0
SpyBot Search and Destroy
TweakNow Reg Cleaner

if none of those work, i found a simple one a while back that only opens the Internet explorer spyware/adware:

Hijack This

my browser won't allow me too go on the links for Hijack This, so just search in google for a download
RE: Adware removal help by The Napster on 07-29-2004 at 09:47 AM

Try This, it usually works for me:

-Launch Spybot S&D in advanced mode (Mode>Advanced Mode in 1.3)

-Go to the tools>System Startup menu

-Then Uncheck the (180sol) or whatever spyware/adware.
This will stop it from starting up.You can also just kill the process, if you know the name of it.

-Reboot ur PC.

-Run Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware Spyware/adware Check...

If this dosent work i dunno what to do :(

RE: Adware removal help by Eljay on 07-29-2004 at 12:23 PM

you can always try turning off system restore and then use adaware sybot or whatever
also i think i had this before and if its the same thign it was in C:\Program Files\Windows SA\

RE: Adware removal help by chungster on 07-30-2004 at 09:49 AM

or u can go to there site and look for a uninstaller

RE: RE: Adware removal help by The Napster on 07-30-2004 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chungster
or u can go to there site and look for a uninstaller

Uninstall Intructions
They tell you to go Add-/remove Programs, which he tried.