Shoutbox

Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" (/showthread.php?tid=29197)

Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" by The Napster on 07-28-2004 at 09:35 AM

I Ran a virus scan with the McAfee virus Scan (Dell security Center) and all the emoticons installer (emoinstallers) were marked as Unwanted Programs by 180 Solutions.

Is this true? do Emoinstallers instal Spyware/adware?

Well they dont show up in the Ad-Aware & Spybot List.

RE: Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" by Anubis on 07-28-2004 at 09:45 AM

Some of the more :dodgy: software out there does contain adware. However McAfee uses Advanced Script detection in its ability to search for anything dodgy...And many Emoticon installers use similar script deployment as adware. So there's two possibilities;
1) The Emoticon installer does contain some really covert adware or spyware
2) The Emoticon installer uses a script that McAfee thinks could be adware or spyware...

RE: Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" by The Napster on 07-28-2004 at 10:04 AM

OK, i just found out that Emoinstallers install 180Searchassistant, which i uninstalled a long time ago (dunno if itl come back). Anyone know any other emoticons installer without spyware/adware?

The Napster thinks Fuck adware and Spyware

RE: Emoinstallers As "Unwanted Programs" by CookieRevised on 07-28-2004 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Some of the more :dodgy: software out there does contain adware.
Most popular CE/DP installers come from sherv.net, also programs like "CE/DP Backup Wizard" comes from sherv.net...

All those are not dodgy software, the software itself is decent, but...
all the programs that come from http://www.sherv.net/ have all some kind of adware in them (180solutions related) regardless of what has been said in the past about this...

You can also read about it in the licenses from each program! So you should be warned before installing them. Also the adware is NOT optional....