Shoutbox

[split] PM support request - Removing Hopper - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper (/showthread.php?tid=29230)

RE: PM support request by CookieRevised on 07-28-2004 at 09:19 PM

On IRC, we also had someone reporting something similar afew days ago. By uninstalling Hopper it was fixed.

The problem was that when he started Messenger, Messenger freezed and did nothing for about 5-10 secs...

After much installing/uninstalling and enabling/disabling it was determined that it was the hopper plugin.

He had Messenger 6.2.0137 and Plus! 3.01.94. Dunno what Hopper version though, nor the Windows version...

RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Mnjul on 07-29-2004 at 09:54 AM

Hopper does use a huge array, so it could be the problem. I myself don't experience it though... Don't worry, the version I'm working on right now uses linked-list so it should use less memory. Right now Hopper rather interferes with SS3 and just some minutes ago I seemed to "fix" it :S

RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Dempsey on 07-29-2004 at 11:42 AM

Theres going to be a new version of SS3 released soon, so hopefully we can get it sorted.  Any ideas how they interfere with each other?

RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Mnjul on 07-29-2004 at 12:01 PM

It appears to be like this...

1. Sign in.
  2. Use a plugin reloader to reload the plugins.
  3. If a plugin's Initialize function contains SendMessage() API, which (for example) is used to tell Plus! to display a notification toast, SendMessage() throws an exception back. That's why the Hopper problem (in the post whose link was posted earlier above) occurs, since I use SendMessage() in Initialize() to retrieve Messenger version from Plus!.

Currently I use a stupid Callback Timer to avoid directly calling SendMessage in Initialize() and it seems to work fine...

Well, Dempsey, I don't really suppose it's Hopper only that interferes with SS3. Plugin Reloader :: The next generation by Optimism_ has this problem too (at least on my computer) as it shows "Loading plugins" toast in Initialize() and that requires SendMessage() too.
RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Dempsey on 07-29-2004 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
since I use SendMessage() in Initialize() to retrieve Messenger version from Plus!.
I use propery(VERSION) or something from the Messenger object to retirve the messenger version
RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Mnjul on 07-29-2004 at 12:12 PM

Well, I need not only to know Messenger's version (get_property(MMESSENGERPROP_VERSION,*)), but also if the Messenger is Windows Messenger or not :)

RE: [split] PM support request - Removing Hopper by Dempsey on 07-29-2004 at 12:14 PM

ah :)