Shoutbox

Keylogers, Your little bad monkey - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey (/showthread.php?tid=29252)

Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by MsnFreak4eva on 07-29-2004 at 02:52 PM

Hello Msners!

Okay

I thought id warn you about something...

KEYLOGERS

Keyloggers record every key stroke you make and will send it to somone's computer via email/IM

Hackers are the people who go around sending Keylogger's to people, They send them in the form of :
  • Files
  • Webcam Conv.
  • Audio Conv.

Sending/Acepting gives them acess to your computer. They can then forward there keyloggers to you.

So what happens if you get keylogged ?

[Image: login.png]

See that box!   ^^^

Thats where you put your Name + Pwrd in.

How do u put it in?

YOU TYPE IT

What happens when you type it(& u have keylogger)?

They recieve your details.

They then log onto your account

And do the damage.

I Hope you can take my advice and Download a FireWall!
Its Free

DOWNLOAD THE ZONELABS FREE FIREWALL HERE

Toodles ,

RE: [ALERT] !!!! URGENT MESSAGE !!!!![ALERT] by KeyStorm on 07-29-2004 at 03:13 PM

I would like to remind you of the Caps in thread titles. Please change it, and make the title a bit more comprehensive: "Alert: Keyloggers" or similar.

RE: [ALERT] !!!! URGENT MESSAGE !!!!![ALERT] by CookieRevised on 07-29-2004 at 03:26 PM

3 things:

* With a normal Audio convo or Webcam convo, they can NOT send you any files

* Although it is indeed (for a part) true, this post isn't made to warn people put is purely made for pure advertisement...

* What Keystorm said

RE: [ALERT] !!!! URGENT MESSAGE !!!!![ALERT] by toddy on 07-29-2004 at 03:34 PM

and u should know and be friends with the people on your contacts list . so u never should have any1 sending it to you. (unless u got some strange friends)

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by BiZaRrE on 07-30-2004 at 09:17 AM

me and a couple of friends put a keylogger on a few of our school computers, just for the hell of it.  we thought that the IT technicians, who are supposed "take care" of the computers would remove it, but we found out that the keylogger was still there on the desktop (three weeks later:S).  but at the start of the new term they got new computers....i guess my school could use better IT technicians too:P

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 09:21 AM

MsnFreak4eva, I must say I find your ability to spout obvious things that everyone knows in a very n00bish way amazing, how do you do it, Captain Obvious?

quote:
Originally posted by BiZaRrE
i guess my school could use better IT technicians too
Most school server's have an ability to block certain file types being used on their computer...I can't believe that they didn't block all .exe files for non-admins...

Edit: Also MsnFreak4eva where ZoneAlarm is a good free firewall, it is the easiest to disable remotely...
RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by BiZaRrE on 07-30-2004 at 09:30 AM

well it was an old system with sort of crappy-ish computers.
now they got better comps and well, basically the system is a lot better now.  we did that about 1 year ago.

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by CookieRevised on 07-30-2004 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Most school server's have an ability to block certain file types being used on their computer...I can't believe that they didn't block all .exe files for non-admins...
O.o     all exe's? And how are the users suppose to do anything then, like starting ANYTHING?

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
O.o     all exe's? And how are the users suppose to do anything then, like starting ANYTHING?
The .exe files are only banned on each user's personal accounts...everyone in the school has an account each and that is the only place where they are allowed to store files, if an admin decides to not allow users in a certain category (e.g. pupils) to have files of a certain type on their account it doesn't affect the current programs on the PC placed there on the LAN by the admins...since the pupils can't touch these things its ok...
RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by CookieRevised on 07-30-2004 at 04:09 PM

be more precise then ;)

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Abz2k4 on 07-30-2004 at 04:47 PM

I think we all already know what Keyloggers are.

RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by toddy on 07-30-2004 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
I think we all already know what Keyloggers are.

not every1 will know what they are
RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
not every1 will know what they are
The majority of user's on this forum will...really there was no need for this warning, and I found it quite patronising, since this a support forum that already would know about all of this...
RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by toddy on 07-30-2004 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
The majority of user's on this forum will

how will they ? the regularly users mite know about them.  but theres alot of new users who come on the forum who won't kno about them
RE: RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Abz2k4 on 07-30-2004 at 08:05 PM

quote:

how will they ? the regularly users mite know about them.  but theres alot of new users who come on the forum who won't kno about them

So what your saying is that new Members of the Forum are not going to know what Keyloggers are and older Members are? I am a new Member to the Forum and i knew what Keyloggers were before i joined, Keyloggers are quite well known now as they are reguarded just like viruses. So to say that the majority of people are not going to know what they are is quite wrong.
RE: Keylogers, Your little bad monkey by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 08:14 PM

quote:
theres alot of new users who come on the forum who won't kno about them
Most of the new users who have the intent of staying and helping will already know, most of the new users who sign up and ask for help may not know of them, but they aren't planning on reading any other threads...therefore imo it's useless...