Shoutbox

Contact Name Emoticon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact Name Emoticon (/showthread.php?tid=29258)

Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 04:49 PM

I have tried searching your help but have been unsuccessful.  All of my contacts who do not have Plus! get the (6) smiley next to their name when they IM me.  They go into their own display name settings and there is nothing there and I do not have a check mark in the "display custom contact names" box.  I have the view contacts by display name selected under the Contacts-Manage Contacts menu.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Plus! I am running Windows XP and version 3.01.94 of Plus!.

Please help.  My husband may be a (6) but it is starting to annoy me that everyone has that next to their name when they IM me.

:o)

Thanks in advance!

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by CookieRevised on 07-29-2004 at 04:57 PM

:lol:

sorry :$
couldn't help it, especially with your last comment there ;)....

Anyways, seriously now... this sounds realy strange and this is the first time I heared about it.

It's with all your contacts? strange....
Do you have any plugins installed or any other addons for Messenger?

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:04 PM

No Problem! 

The only contacts this applies to are one's that do NOT have Plus! If they have Plus! installed then I see what ever emoticon they have put in their display.  If a contact does not have Plus! and they put say a (*) next to their name then I see BOTH the (*) & (6)

I do not believe that I have any plugins or other add ins for messenger.

As you will see in the screen shot, he doesn't have anything next to his name when I first want to talk to him, but then after that the (6) shows up.

P.S. The person I am talking to does not see the (6) next to their name.

Mod: edited post to include all 3 posts. Please use the edit button rather then double/triple posting. Thanks.
RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Chrono on 07-29-2004 at 05:26 PM

and where's the screenshot? :)

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:29 PM

I added the attachement.  Not sure where it went.  Will try again.  Sorry!

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:30 PM

How do I know if it attached?

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by lopardo on 07-29-2004 at 05:33 PM

Click Post reply, click the browse button, search for the file and click OK, then click Post reply :)

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by marissa on 07-29-2004 at 05:33 PM

You can see it :undecided: if that doesnt work, try an image hosting site.:)

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:36 PM

Thats what I did.

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by marissa on 07-29-2004 at 05:38 PM

Hahaha. If you used an image hoster, please give us the link:) and if you attached the file, it would tell you.:)

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by lopardo on 07-29-2004 at 05:38 PM

Try it again, it should say "your message has been posted".

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:41 PM

It said all that, and I did not use an image hoster. I just did a print screen, opened paint, pasted, saved then went to browse, found the picture and selected the file then hit Post Reply.  Both times. :S

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:45 PM

The file is called "IM with Plus! Screen Shot.bmp" and I am trying it one more time. 

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 05:50 PM

Anyway! this isn't helping me any. What are you hoping to see with a screen shot? Maybe I can just tell you what you want to see.

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ezra on 07-29-2004 at 06:11 PM

I know what it is, you have Simplite installed. And the (6) means that the conversation is not encrypted by Simp. You can disable this in configuration of Simplite. You can probably find this in Start>All Programs>Secway>Simplite for MSN Messenger and then Simplite for MSN Messenger. If you open the program press File and then Configure, then go to the tab Interface and next to Cryptographic state before names is a box, select None in this box to let the (6) disappear.

If the conversation is encrypted there should be a (*), to let Simp encrypt the conversation all persons in the conversation should have Simplite installed.

Hope this helps :D

RE: Contact Name Emoticon by lopardo on 07-29-2004 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ochsnerm
Anyway! this isn't helping me any. What are you hoping to see with a screen shot? Maybe I can just tell you what you want to see.
We never saw that before, so maybe a screenshot could help. Check out Ezra's post.

BTW, don't double (triple) post, just edit your message with the [Image: edit.gif] button.
RE: Contact Name Emoticon by Ochsnerm on 07-29-2004 at 06:21 PM

AH!!!! yes! thank you!.  I DO have simplite.  I was asked to install it for work.  Now that you mention it, yes that is why some have the (*) and the others have the (6)!! I will follow the instructions above and I will be very happy!

Thank you so much Ezra :banana:

P.S. oops! sorry I didn't use the Edit button :$