Shoutbox

3 new plugins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: 3 new plugins (/showthread.php?tid=29277)

3 new plugins by Yousef on 07-30-2004 at 08:14 AM

EDIT: 2 new plugins became 3 new plugins, read a little further for the 3rd :)

hi there, I've developed 2 new plugins.
The first is called emotitext
it converts this command: /xemotitext (or /xet) hi :D (ip)
to
[Image: emotitext.jpg]

the 2nd isn't that special, it's a some sort of leetificator and MiXeD-cAsE talker in one, it looks like this:
[Image: (001-MeSsAgE.jpg]
(it also converts the f at the beginning of the word/sentence to ph :P)

download emotitext

Download (001-MeSsAgE

I hope you like them...:)
btw: any request for extra functions/new plugins are welcome

RE: 2 new plugins by tomfletcherman on 07-30-2004 at 08:44 AM

I like your little popup for emotitext:P just hope it doesn't come up every time lol, really good program

RE: 2 new plugins by UnduTheGun on 07-30-2004 at 09:38 AM

I really like emotitext!!! (Y)

RE: 2 new plugins by Yousef on 07-30-2004 at 10:28 AM

thanks guys,
about the toast popup, I hope people won't be bothered by those things, but I just wanted a little credits+publicity for my jkust released website. Probably they will be removed in a later version.

any suggestions for a new plugin/extension? you're welcome...

RE: 2 new plugins by Phrive on 07-30-2004 at 11:25 AM

maybe you should have flags or things programmed in to it liek the st. geroges cross!

RE: 2 new plugins by tomfletcherman on 07-30-2004 at 12:19 PM

yeh, flags, and perhaps a little popup grid that you can click on each square in and it gives you the emoticon list so you can build up a picture in it then have a button th@ puts it into your message box, you press send and voila! a nice emoticon picture

RE: 2 new plugins by Yousef on 07-30-2004 at 12:25 PM

sounds nice, I'll see what I can do :)

RE: 2 new plugins by Yousef on 07-30-2004 at 01:41 PM

:o (you mean both plugins?)

RE: 2 new plugins by Yousef on 07-30-2004 at 04:31 PM

I really didn't know that, but for people who don't want to install stuffplug but want emotitext there's my plugin now ;)

anyway, I made another plugin, it allows you to send anonymous email. I don't know whether anyone is interested, it only took half an hour or something like that for me to make it , so I'll post it here anyway :)

just type: /xanonymail "to email" "from email" "subject" "message"
you can also only type: /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message"
the email will then be sent to the person you're chatting with.

update: use /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message" to send to current chatbuddy,
use /xanonymailto "to email" "from email" "subject" "message" to send to "to email"-address
BTW: you need to keep the quotes surrounding the parameters.... this is also the reason why you can't use quotes in your message/subject 8-)

it's available for download here

edit: thought some notes are required for you use my server for sending mail 8-|:
with the use of this plugin you agree:

• msgweb.nl / noelie can not be held responsible for the mail you send with this plugin
  • We have the right to keep your ip address in connection with any abuse of this plugin. (In normal circumstances we won't use the ip and it will not be released to anyone)
  • The emails you sent will become the property of msgweb
  • You may not use it to send mail with which you discriminate against someone or use the plugin for any illegal activities :P

RE: 3 new plugins by RebelSean on 07-30-2004 at 05:34 PM

This is awesome! I like the emotext thingy! Good Work (Y)

I didn't know Stuffplug ng had this..:undecided:

RE: 3 new plugins by cooldude_i06 on 07-31-2004 at 02:12 AM

the anonymous email plugin doesnt work, loads up the default browser with "Page cannot be displayed" error. :(

RE: 3 new plugins by Yousef on 07-31-2004 at 10:20 AM

are you sure of that? if it still doesn't work post the url that cannot be displayed plz :)

RE: 3 new plugins by TGG on 07-31-2004 at 11:22 AM

Each time i try 2 use the anonymail, it comes up saying "The emailaddress < is not a valid emailaddress!"

i tried it with my own email address and it stilll didnt work

anonymail error

RE: 3 new plugins by Yousef on 07-31-2004 at 03:08 PM

ah, I see. the problem is that when you want to send it to your current chatbuddy, the default will only be set when you specify 3 parameters. So if it says default=current chatbuddy
you should delete the whole parameter. Nevermind, I'll make an update that fixes it
edit: and ehm, you should also delete the < at the beginning (msgplus adds it automatically :S)
update will come...

RE: 3 new plugins by Yousef on 07-31-2004 at 08:20 PM

ok, the file is updated :)
now use /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the person you're chatting with
and use /xanonymailto "to email" "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the address specified @ "to email" :)

I hope this works fine (A), let me know if you've got any trouble with it!
you can download it here

RE: 3 new plugins by CookieRevised on 08-01-2004 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noelie
ok, the file is updated :)
now use /xanonymail "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the person you're chatting with
and use /xanonymailto "to email" "from email" "subject" "message" to send a mail to the address specified @ "to email" :)
Tip: You can easly combine those two commands together (and prevent also errors like reported previously and avoid that you can't use quotes):

/xmail  [to:recepients email(s)]  [from:your email(s)]  [cc:mail(s)]  [bcc:mail(s)]  [subject:subject text]  message:message text
[] indicates optional

* "to" is optional. If not specified, then the current contact email is used. Multiple emails can/are seperated by a comma.

* "from" is optional. If not specified, then no from-field is added in the email. Multiple emails can/are seperated by a comma. (note: a from-field is not mandatory in sending emails!)

* "subject" is again optional. If not specified, then no subject-field is added in the email. (note: a subject-field is not mandatory in sending emails!). The only thing that is restricted here is the use of the text "message:", because that indicates the beginning of the actual body of the email. Thus, if specified, this parameter must become before the message-parameter.

* "message" is the only thing that is mandatory and must always be the last parameter.

* "to", "from", "cc" and "bcc" can only contain valid emailaddresses. This means that you can't use spaces in them for example. This makes that you don't need quotes or anything surrounding the parameters. This also makes that the order isn't fixed and can be swapped around by the user.

* You can even add the use of more optional fields like "cc:", "bcc:", etc...

In this way you can have all the possebilities you want and yet have the easiest and most intuative use, all with only 1 command.

quote:
Originally posted by noelie

BTW: I've read some posts about some remote controlling your pc with plus, but didn't see a plugin that made this possible, I could be wrong....
Who would be interested in a plugin that would allow you to: (all commands would require a password)
- shutdown remote pc
- get ip of remote pc (handy for people without static ip)
- remote accept file command (so you wouldn't have to mail files to a web server, but 'chat' a file to your pc :))
- remote plus command sender
- remote msgbox maker (so you could alert other people (like family) using your computer
- other suggestions?
IIRC there is at least one of such a plugin (somewhere on these forums). There are also security issue's here which may not be forgotten to take in account!... Anyways, you should make another thread about this, instead of posting this in this thread, as this is actual off topic here...

(in fact you should've made 3 seperate threads for your three plugins to avoid confussion and cluttering up. Luckaly there are not much problems or suggestions for them)

btw, nice plugins ;)
RE: 3 new plugins by cooldude_i06 on 08-01-2004 at 07:23 AM

wow the annoymous mail works now, sweet plugin (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: 3 new plugins by duol90 on 08-04-2004 at 04:33 AM

I luv the emotitext plugin. (Y)

RE: 3 new plugins by renio on 08-05-2004 at 07:08 AM

euummm.. what's the point of that emotitext plugin? I can't find any logic in it :s ... what's it good for??

RE: 3 new plugins by Yousef on 08-05-2004 at 02:40 PM

lol, you should see a word written with the emoticons, on the first page of this thread is a screenshot where the :D smileys are saying 'hi' :p

RE: 3 new plugins by renio on 08-06-2004 at 06:27 AM

huh... 'a word written out of emoticons'.... yeah.. cool [Image: wanker.gif]

RE: 3 new plugins by ~INVASION~ on 08-06-2004 at 07:21 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=287654]