Shoutbox

Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? (/showthread.php?tid=29290)

Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 03:33 PM

anyone know?

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by toddy on 07-30-2004 at 03:46 PM

what avater ? u mean one where it keeps on changing ?

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 03:47 PM

like these

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by bach_m on 07-30-2004 at 03:57 PM

oh. someone made them a while back.

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 03:58 PM

...so I can't get them anymore...?

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 04:06 PM

Most people made them themselves from a template like the one I attached...The font is Franklin Gothic Book

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 04:07 PM

ok thanks. but...how do you make the text transparent?

well i mean the background where the text goes...

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~wAk
ok thanks. but...how do you make the text transparent?
In what paint package? In M$ paint just look for this below the tool selection panel and make sure it's selected as so...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=284566]
Also, as a word of warning, its clearly stated in the forum rules not to post more than once in a row...it's considered spam and if you wish to add something please use the [Image: edit.gif] button
RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 04:18 PM

ok thanks (for both things!)

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by Anubis on 07-30-2004 at 04:29 PM

I attached the font you need, simply extract the file it in the .zip file to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory, but the font should be included in all versions of Windows.
You will need WinZip to open the file www.winzip.com

And ~wAk, what did I just tell you about double posting and using the [Image: edit.gif]?...If you wish to remain a member respect this rule as it allows the server to run much faster...to include that last post you could have just used the [Image: edit.gif] button...

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ~wAk on 07-30-2004 at 04:30 PM

but that's not really double-posting. and thanks

(Geez - problem after problem...) I don't seem to have the font i need. Does anyone know where to download it?

ok you're right, I see that...but I find that a bit of a dumb rule (and it's also dumb that other people can edit MY posts...)

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by ddunk on 07-31-2004 at 09:56 AM

The font you need is in Anubis' post at the bottom of the first page.

BTW, Not anyone can edit your posts, only a select few who  run the forum, and please edit your post, you just double posted again.

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by M73A on 07-31-2004 at 04:46 PM

fanx anubis, used the sticker fing. used a dif font tho...kol:D

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by Guido on 07-31-2004 at 07:26 PM

Also, please note that you can't use these things as your avatar.

RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by TGG on 07-31-2004 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
used a dif font tho

wot font did you use?
RE: Where do you get those 'avatars.kaonet.net' avatars from? by Maniac on 08-01-2004 at 03:18 AM

I'm trying to make one for me but the font that was attached isn't the one everybody used... this one is by default italics.... :dodgy: