Shoutbox

[suggestion] personalised status filter for groups - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups (/showthread.php?tid=29380)

[suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by niphredil on 08-01-2004 at 10:59 AM

Idea for next version of plus:

-the option in the 'filter option' in personalised status to include groups
(i often want to set my personalised status for an entire group, and now i have to select all the contacts in the group, which i think is a bit much work ;))

RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by Anubis on 08-01-2004 at 01:00 PM

A personalised status is part of your Display Name and has to be set for all your contacts...

RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by Tochjo on 08-01-2004 at 01:04 PM

The Filter option is only for the auto-message. The personalised status can and will be seen by all contacts.

RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by CookieRevised on 08-01-2004 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
A personalised status is part of your Display Name
No, it isn't related at all; a display name and a status are two seperate things.... although you can put a extra text in your name which indicates the personal status

Anyways, a status (personal status or not) is for your entire contactlist. However you can set an automated away-message for selected contacts. And that's proberly what he meant.
RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by Anubis on 08-01-2004 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
a display name and a status are two seperate things....
I never said they were the same thing, I said that a personalised status is part of your display name not a normal status...which is exactly what you said...
quote:
A personalised status is part of your Display Name

RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by CookieRevised on 08-01-2004 at 06:17 PM

Nope,
A personalised status is nothing more then a normal away status...
And a status is not a part of your display name.... Both are seperated things ;)

If I add my email address to my display name that doesn't mean that my email is part of it. It is still just some text in my display name...

RE: RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by niphredil on 08-02-2004 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
The Filter option is only for the auto-message. The personalised status can and will be seen by all contacts.

Yep, thats what i meant, sorry for the confusion!
So my question/suggestion was to be able to set the filter for the auto-message for an entire group at once.
RE: [suggestion] personalised status filter for groups by KeyStorm on 08-02-2004 at 10:35 AM

[topic=off]
CookieRevised it seems you didn't really get Anubis... :-/:

quote:
I never said they were the same thing, I said that a personalised (here the text that personalises a previously available/standard status) status is part of your display name not a normal status...which is exactly what you said...
[/topic]

[topic=on]
I agree that not only auto-messages can be sorted to groups, but everything can be assigned group-wise. Like notifications, sounds, etc.
[/topic]