Shoutbox

logs not sorted - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: logs not sorted (/showthread.php?tid=29392)

logs not sorted by megamuff on 08-01-2004 at 08:00 PM

it is now august 1, but the logs are not being sorted into their appropriate folder, it has so far only sorted the ones whom i viewed today so far, right after i view them. the rest are still from last month, sitting in the same my documents folder, growing bigger as more conversation goes along.

EDIT: my OS is windows 98se build 2222, my processor is 800mhz, i have 128 mb ram, i am using msn messenger 6.2 and the latest msn plus, i have ALL the windows updates, i even have the dcom update that doesnt come on the windowsupdate.com web site, any more details needed and i can give them.

RE: logs not sorted by Patchou on 08-01-2004 at 09:26 PM

Can you tell us what archive option you enabled?

RE: logs not sorted by megamuff on 08-02-2004 at 06:25 PM

the default.. "create directory each month for every file" but i set the save delay to 1 minuite 'cause my computer isnt always that stable..

EDIT: using the search by date feature of the find utility i listed the logs from the appropriate old month and moved them into the right folder. but the question still remains, why didnt Plus! do this on it's own?

RE: logs not sorted by DeltaBlast on 08-22-2004 at 01:26 AM

I actually have a similar problem; I have selected "create a directory each month for every file", but my files just keep growing bigger and bigger (since the update from june 8th or something)...

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

RE: logs not sorted by Patchou on 08-22-2004 at 02:52 AM

Can you try uninstalling Plus! (make sure "delete user's preferences" is checked) and install it again to see if it solves your problem? there must some kind of glitch preventing Plus! from moving your logs.