Shoutbox

idle user? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: idle user? (/showthread.php?tid=29393)

idle user? by cofitanner on 08-01-2004 at 08:12 PM

hey...

was jus lookin at my event log and wot exactly does it mean when a user goes IDLE...does that mean there not talkin to ANYONE or jus not u? or neither??

thanks

RE: idle user? by RebelSean on 08-01-2004 at 08:16 PM

It means that he has not talked, moved his mouse, or anything for some period of time.. :D

RE: idle user? by cofitanner on 08-01-2004 at 08:24 PM

cheers m8...was jus interested...so basically when it says idle..then the PC is not being touched at all ??? ...so when they move mouse etc, then am guessin the idle changes to online in the event log?

thanks, jus interested

RE: idle user? by RebelSean on 08-01-2004 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cofitanner
cheers m8...was jus interested...so basically when it says idle..then the PC is not being touched at all ??? ...so when they move mouse etc, then am guessin the idle changes to online in the event log?

thanks, jus interested

Yes, if there idle then yes there not doing anything at all. And Yes, I assume that it does that in the chat logs, but im not 100% sure :D
RE: idle user? by txags on 08-03-2004 at 02:58 PM

So does this work only when the other contact has MSN plus or how does this work?

RE: idle user? by Mnjul on 08-03-2004 at 03:01 PM

It is MSN Messenger itself that knows whether your contact is Idle or really Away when s/he's status is changed to Away. Plus! just records it down ;)

RE: idle user? by txags on 08-03-2004 at 03:05 PM

How can I view the idle time using msn plus

RE: idle user? by Tochjo on 08-03-2004 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by txags
How can I view the idle time using msn plus
If a user goes idle, this status change will be visible in the Contact Information. Also, it will be visible in the Event Log Viewer.
RE: idle user? by txags on 08-03-2004 at 06:33 PM

so if in the contact information it just says "Away" but not idle the person is really at their computer?  After how many minutes does it say Idle?

RE: idle user? by marissa on 08-03-2004 at 06:47 PM

You can have a choice for taht, or that could be to go to away. sorry, but if not, its either in msn personal settings or msgplus preferences>general> miscellaneous.