Shoutbox

Weird Windows Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Weird Windows Bug (/showthread.php?tid=29429)

Weird Windows Bug by wj on 08-02-2004 at 04:49 PM

So I got into work today and I was adding a directory for a new user to your server, Well, I opened my computer on the file server and WTF!

[Image: attachment.php?pid=285952]

Has anyone ever seen this before? I've never had this happen and I cant for the life of me figure whats causing it.

Edit: To clarify, my computer is showing 9 more drives then there actually are in the system. Logical disk manager doesnt show any of them neither does the hardware managers.

RE: Weird Windows Bug by Menthix on 08-02-2004 at 05:50 PM

Never seen that.

- Is there any usefull information when you go to Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management (under Storage) ?
- Can you do anything with them when you click on them ?
- Maybe it has anything todo with mounted network harddisks that got disconnected/removed once?

Just pure guessing.

RE: Weird Windows Bug by wj on 08-02-2004 at 05:55 PM

I've never had network drive mounted to this system, Ussually it's the other way arround.

Under Disk Management it only shows the hard drives that are actually there.

And I cant seem to do anything with them, They all show a capicity of 0 and have no info in the property dialogs except that there of type "Local Disk" and the file system is "RAW"

This did all happen after a cumulative update from microsoft for IE.

RE: Weird Windows Bug by DJeX on 08-02-2004 at 06:36 PM

There Virtual Drives. It's like a partition in Windows but it turns a directory into a drive. Now you can delete them with this program I have attached. It should list all the drives in the main list. Then click on each one and click delete. By any chance there is a C:\ or any of your normal drives listed. DO NOT DELETE THEM. Just for safety reasons. Give it a try.

RE: Weird Windows Bug by wj on 08-04-2004 at 09:34 PM

There are no virtual drives listed.

RE: Weird Windows Bug by DJeX on 08-04-2004 at 10:25 PM

Then that is a very odd bug. I have no clue of what it could be. You try uninstalling the patch? Or reverting it back to a previous date?

RE: Weird Windows Bug by wj on 08-05-2004 at 04:53 PM

Bah, Dern PC. I'll have to try that though I need to back up first.