Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 7.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 7.0 (/showthread.php?tid=29436)

MSN Messenger 7.0 by Twan on 08-02-2004 at 08:04 PM

did you guys read about it on mess.be ?? 

i looks like there will be alot of changes and if i see the firts look i wont say i will like everything new :S

i don't want a msn search bar in messenger itself..    but yeah i guess when the time is there Patchou will have his version 4 of msgplus and plugin makers will make plugins that are hardly wanted

Mehdi claims MSN Messenger 7.0 will be released somewhere along 2005.............  so a long time to go :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Anubis on 08-02-2004 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
when the time is there Patchou will have his version 4 of msgplus
I doubt it, there's usually about a year and a half between versions of Plus! the same as MSN Messenger (a very rough guide that can never be held completely as true). I think Messenger Plus! 4 will come out about late 2005 to sometime in 2006 not when MSN Messenger 7 is out (it feels weird to talk about unreleased version numbers like that lol)...I don't like to gossip about new releases of MSN Messenger at this early stage but I doubt it'll be much of an upgrade, however the most we know so far is that there'll be some new status icon's and the possible thumbnail in the main messenger window of your display picture...I hope for more news to creep out soon...and a less blurry screenshot would also be appreciated...
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by s7a5 on 08-02-2004 at 08:50 PM

quote:
- Not one but two icons are positioned in front of a contact's display name (comparable to when you hover your mouse over a contact with Messenger Plus! 3

rippers :(
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by user27089 on 08-02-2004 at 08:55 PM

TBH, I don't mind the wait, i'll last, i have halo 2 and stuff, anyways, i don't mind the msns i'm using :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by CookieRevised on 08-02-2004 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
did you guys read about it on mess.be ?? 

i looks like there will be alot of changes and if i see the firts look i wont say i will like everything new

i don't want a msn search bar in messenger itself..

MSN Messenger 7.0 is still a very long away from being released and yet the assuming (reading what you want to read) starts again....

may I quote Mess.be:
quote:
We've added our comments and speculations on the curious bits in the layout of, presumably, MSN Messenger 7.0.
Our premature conclusions:

"Presumably", as in "we don't know it, but we think it might be that but microsoft didn't made any statement regarding this"....

Mess.be did NOT say it IS MSN Messenger 7.0, nor did Microsoft. And they did NOT say that these ARE the new things, nor did Microsoft. For all we know, it might as well be a mockup picture created by someone because they needed something to show in the webcast presentation regarding how a futur messenger might look (it wouldn't be the first time that a mockup picture is used btw)...

thank you ;)

PS: this is exactly how the gossip and hype of Animated Display Pictures started.... Read what the message says, not what you want it to say...
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by TReKiE on 08-02-2004 at 09:06 PM

Don't spoil the fun Cookie :D

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Twan on 08-02-2004 at 09:24 PM

you're a smart person cookie... i give you that :) 

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by KeyStorm on 08-02-2004 at 09:34 PM

If this was his best sign of smartness... :P;)

Anyway... there are always been infos like those and you have to start trusting them when you really have them in your hands.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by CookieRevised on 08-02-2004 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
Don't spoil the fun Cookie :D
lol, are you gonna reply to all the people who flame MS here for not keeping there so called promises :D

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
there are always been infos like those and you have to start trusting them when you really have them in your hands.
ermmm.... yes, if they state clearly that they have very trusted sources on this and that they are sure of it (and even then they can make a mistake).... but above all, you should read the words in the message, not the words in your head. I do trust them (mess.be) in what they say. But if they say, "we assume", then they say "we assume" and not "we know for a fact that"....

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by KeyStorm on 08-02-2004 at 09:47 PM

Well, there is a line of trustness, but you can't be sure until you can prove it yourself. Let's recall the surprise of the Deluxe DPs, mess.be were 100% on it, when it simply disappeared.

Even real information from MS can't be always trusted. Starting with release dates and ending with MS' promises of security ;)

Anyway, we can trust in mess.be if we understand the real meaning of the given information.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by CookieRevised on 08-02-2004 at 10:03 PM

quote:
mess.be were 100% on it, when it simply disappeared.
not exactly, but let's not bring that up again.... threads enough on this on the forum :p
quote:
Anyway, we can trust in mess.be if we understand the real meaning of the given information.
yep, agreed, my point exactly (y): treat the info for what it is worth; if it is an assumption, then it is that and nothing more, so don't turn it into a fact....

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Guido on 08-02-2004 at 10:57 PM

If the sshots are really of a new Messenger version, I must say I like the new concept ideas. I don't know if they are of MSN Messenger 7, but they MUST be from something, since they are from an online video at microsoft.com. Though, judging by the similarity of that sshot to MSN 9's look, it could be just of a special version for MSN premium users... but still then, I don't know.

Nice either way... :P

quote:
If this was his best sign of smartness...
Lol, agreed.

Screenshots from mess.be:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=286114]
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by kingboy on 08-02-2004 at 11:58 PM

i agree with cookie. mees.be is only saying that it MIGHT be version 7 of msn messenger. but, even though we have posted these comments, there will allways be someone who will post something about it, and more people will folow it. hope this doesnt turn into the thing like animated dps :|

On a better note:P, if these really are imporvements, NOT SAYING THEY ARE!!, it would be really cool. Allthough, i hope Patch' will still be able to remove the ad, and hopefully the search bar. They would do nothin but get in the way.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Anubis on 08-03-2004 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
flame MS
I wish they would just flame MSN Themselves with all the things that they think were in supposed to be in MSN Messenger and aren't, no point telling us, some M$ guy would probably have a laugh reading all the comments...

quote:
Originally posted by kingboy
i hope Patch' will still be able to remove the ad, and hopefully the search bar.
That's if Messenger Plus! can still hook in with MSN Messenger 7, we had a scare that it would be the end of Plus! with MSN Messenger 6...But I'm sure that if Messenger Plus! is still compatible by then, Patchou will find a way to disable any ad bar and possibly a search bar, if there is a search bar...However at this point we do not know anything about the search bar, if it even does exist, and it may be optional...Let's just keep it to speculation, we don't want any untrue stuff information about a possible version 7 to rise from this forum...
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Johnny_Mac on 08-03-2004 at 09:52 AM

In all honesty, when i first looked at it. It might well be MSN Messenger 7., but I thought/assumed it was for MSN Explorer.

All other MSN Explorer versions have the MSN butterfly logo, in the title bar. Coldnt this be just its next version?

The icons relating to peoples sign in accounts etc...

Far fetched guess me thinks. :P

edit: guido already commented.

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Though, judging by the similarity of that sshot to MSN 9's look

* Johnny_Mac slaps Johnny_Mac around a bit with a large trout.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Anubis on 08-03-2004 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
All other MSN Explorer versions have the MSN butterfly logo, in the title bar. Coldnt this be just its next version?
Somehow me thinks not, The layout looks like MSN Messenger...We can clearly see there's contacts there, and I doubt a browser would be that vertically stretched, small and have an annoying advert at the bottom...
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Dane on 08-03-2004 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis

We can clearly see there's contacts there, and I doubt a browser would be that vertically stretched, small and have an annoying advert at the bottom...
You cant clearly see anything, its a blurry picture :refuck:.

To be honest, it looks like MSN Messenger.  But Guido/Johnny_Mac's Idea isnt far fetched, it COULD be another MSN version.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Moo on 08-03-2004 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
TBH, I don't mind the wait, i'll last, i have halo 2 and stuff, anyways, i don't mind the msns i'm using :)

Maybe you can wait, but I can't!
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Dane on 08-04-2004 at 12:10 AM

New Information:

MSN Messenger 7.0 - Second Look

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Johnny_Mac on 08-04-2004 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis

Somehow me thinks not, The layout looks like MSN Messenger...We can clearly see there's contacts there, and I doubt a browser would be that vertically stretched, small and have an annoying advert at the bottom...
Have you used MSN Explorers version of MSN Messenger? They have an similar GUI, but all in all from that screenshot, it looks more likely to be a MSN Explorer Messenger then anything designed from new.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by EvilSeph on 08-04-2004 at 01:12 AM

CreamHackered, whom all of you always believe, has stated it's webmessenger :). But I'm not one to feed rumours.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Dane on 08-04-2004 at 07:06 PM

:refuck: I trust you EvilSeph more than I trust CreamHackered :|.  CreamHackered = Neowin, EvilSeph = Messenger Plus! (Home grown :D).

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Anubis on 08-04-2004 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
a MSN Explorer Messenger
Oh I thought you meant a version of MSN Explorer itself...lol
RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by PaPalemon on 08-05-2004 at 01:38 PM

The screen Shots could have been a Skin of some msn we have now... lol =X Why is the Screen shots so blurred? Something fishy around? =X

RE: MSN Messenger 7.0 by Sk3tch on 08-05-2004 at 01:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PaPalemon
Why is the Screen shots so blurred? Something fishy around? =X
The screen shot was taken from a video, that was viewed on the web - a Webcast Presentation by Microsoft and some updates from them. The reason why its so blury is because of that, and the picture is about as clear as you can get even if you watch the video yourself :)

The image is near the end: http://microsoft.shareholder.com/webcast/MediaPre...2595&MediaUserID=0