Shoutbox

Cool new msn messenger game addon site - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cool new msn messenger game addon site (/showthread.php?tid=29455)

Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-03-2004 at 09:37 AM

Well I have been looking along time for a fun up-to-date MSN messenger addon that has no spyware and adaware. And I found it!!! The website is called BuddyPlay and here is the link to it http://www.buddyplay.com And to make things sound better... you can play with your friends and if none of them are on your can play against your own buddy agent that is on all the time. Soon even more games are coming such as poker!! If anyone of you downloaded this game then dont be afraid to add me to contacts. Im neon00b@hotmail.com and I will enjoy playing with you
and here are some screenshots of the program
-Roy

[Image: getting3.jpg]
[Image: Game%20invitation.JPG]
[Image: getting1.gif]

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Mike on 08-03-2004 at 03:11 PM

Sounds cool but does this work with MSN 6.x ? :)
Also if you have MP!3 what options do you have on your "BuddyPlay Game Agents" ? :P

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by user27089 on 08-03-2004 at 03:14 PM

Yea, it screws up your msn quite a bit though, I can't uninstall it

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-03-2004 at 03:31 PM

you should be able to uninstall it... everyone else could.    and the game agent will only play with you buddyplay games

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Eljay on 08-03-2004 at 04:01 PM

i had 2 do a lot to get this to work
first i just installed and it wouldnt work
it seemed to work for me after a complete reinstall of msn messenger

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-03-2004 at 04:11 PM

well maybe u had an old version of msn messenger and/ or firewall

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Anubis on 08-07-2004 at 09:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
well maybe u had an old version of msn messenger and/ or firewall
I doubt he had an old version of MSN Messenger and something that screws up when used with a firewall is usually crap anyway...

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
you should be able to uninstall it... everyone else could
I hardly think you speak for everyone who ever had it...

Just so I know for sure this doesn't edit the .exe file or runtime files of MSN Messenger does it?
RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-08-2004 at 06:50 PM

First I'm sorry if you encounter difficulties running BuddyPlay. It's an alpha version and hooking is not a simple task. But I'm doing my best to fix all the problems discussed in the forums.

About your question (editing Messenger .exe/runtime files) -
the answer if defenetly NO. I'm not chaning any Messenger file, everything happens at runtime, by utilizing subclassing, hooking and other methodologies.

Again, I apologize for the bugs that you encounter, and I'll do my best to release the new version ASAP (maybe this week) with many fixes.

It will help me if bugs will be posted on Buddyplay forums, where I have instant access.

Thanks,
Bud

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by GiantSpider on 08-08-2004 at 06:56 PM

So how does the agent show up on your contact list?

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Anubis on 08-08-2004 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
So how does the agent show up on your contact list?
I'd assume he's found a way to do it in the registry...In theory it's possible, never tried it myself...
RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by GiantSpider on 08-08-2004 at 07:09 PM

But is there a possibility of patching?

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Anubis on 08-08-2004 at 07:18 PM

quote:
But is there a possibility of patching?
quote:
I'm not chaning any Messenger file, everything happens at runtime, by utilizing subclassing, hooking and other methodologies.

Although that may answer that, I can't say that I'm not 100% sure of this happening in future, after all it's a quick way to do it, for now as far as it looks no....
RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-08-2004 at 07:31 PM

It is done by subclassing the listview object.

As you know the buddy list is based on a standard win32 list view, so by subclassing you can add your items inside. It's not simple, but I'm here to Help!

I'm not the first that is doing such a task - ActiveBuddy done this too! They did a great job, and I don't know why they have changed their business.

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by GiantSpider on 08-08-2004 at 07:34 PM

Right so your program is 100% legit. And He posted that not me Anubis

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-08-2004 at 07:43 PM

Like Messenger Plus, and other great add-on's, BuddyPlay does not change any Messenger binary! That's why it took me a year to build it, but I'm really exciting from the result.
I know that it's not perfect, but I'm doing my best to fix the problems.

It will be helpfully if bugs will be posted on BuddyPlay Forum.

...and of course I have learned a lot from building my product, so if anyone of you needs help you're more than welcome.

Thanks again,
Bud ;)

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by Dempsey on 08-08-2004 at 09:16 PM

Just out off interest, what did you make it in?  C++ ?

RE: Cool new msn messenger game addon site by .Roy on 08-08-2004 at 09:25 PM

Most of it is developed in VC++