Shoutbox

Can't create emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can't create emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=29458)

Can't create emoticons by Cûtìë on 08-03-2004 at 10:36 AM

I'm not sure if anyone posted this or faced the same problem i did but my msn messenger had been encountering this problem for quite some time...

The problem is that i can't create my own new emoticons. I am sure that the file format is of the correct one.  But everytime i create emoticons, only i am able to view my own emoticon while my friend can only see the command i used to create the emoticon.  And once i log off messenger and re-log in, my new emoticons will disappear and a message will show saying that "your customed emoticons cannot be used, please create new ones".  I have experienced that for about a few months and i find it really wasted being unable to use those cute emoticons i have.  I have been creating new ones for mths and it's still asking me to create new ones!!!:notfunny:  Can anyone please help me?  Or at least let me know why i am having this problem? Thks in advance...[Image: biggrin.gif]

RE: Can't create emoticons by Tochjo on 08-03-2004 at 11:11 AM

It sounds that some file may have got corrupt. You can try the following procedure to remove all Custom Emoticons related things.

Go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. If there is more than one folder, use the program I attached to find out which number is correct. Open the attached program, enter your email address and you'll find out easily :)

Open that numbered folder and delete the folder called CustomEmoticons. Reboot and add your custom emoticons again; your problem should be fixed :)

RE: Can't create emoticons by Cûtìë on 08-03-2004 at 12:20 PM

Thkz alot... i'll try it out and see how things go.. :)

RE: Can't create emoticons by Cûtìë on 08-03-2004 at 01:23 PM

It worked...!!! OLEH!!! keke... thkz alot Tochjo :beer: cheers!!! :P