Shoutbox

Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation (/showthread.php?tid=29464)

Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by cybersurf on 08-03-2004 at 02:04 PM

Is it possible/how do I, change the audio line from "Microphone" to "What U Hear" for voice conversation so that my friend can listen to the sound files playing in my computer?

Thanks.

Sorry.. it's working now.

RE: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by mortonfan on 09-19-2004 at 05:41 AM

How did you manage to get it sorted? I'm trying to do this myself but not getting anywhere. I did it once before by accident but alas I can't remember what I did to get it. :)

RE: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by Mippo on 09-19-2004 at 07:09 AM

Go to volume control, options menu -> properties, click the button for recording, press OK, then select the Wave-out mix (or whatever you want the other person to hear). :)

RE: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by mortonfan on 09-19-2004 at 02:27 PM

Many thanks, that seems to work. Now I got another problem, I can't actually seem to connect to anyone when trying an audio conversation, just gets stuck at the connecting bit and fails with the msg below:

The network or computer you are trying to reach is experiencing a problem. Please try again later.

I assumed it was something firewall related, but the same thing happens even when I have it switched off. I've tried with a lot of different ppl too so I assume it is something at my end.

The thing is webcam connections work fine, it's just audio that gives me that error message.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

RE: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by Osiris on 09-19-2004 at 02:36 PM

i read this thread earlier.. apparantly that problem is related to the windows firewall in sp2 http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31699 (look at question 1)

RE: Audio Streaming in Voice Conversation by mortonfan on 09-19-2004 at 03:32 PM

Thanks for the reply, but the Windows firewall is switched off and I'm still using sp1, not installed sp2 yet.