Shoutbox

Restoring a previous installation of Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Restoring a previous installation of Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=29525)

Restoring a previous installation of Messenger Plus by mikerobinson on 08-05-2004 at 07:21 AM

I recently reinstalled Windows, but I didn't realize that there was an export option for Messenger Plus. I have backups of everything though. Can anyone tell me where all of the configurations are stored so that I can copy them into the new folders? Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Robinson

RE: Restoring a previous installation of Messenger Plus by CookieRevised on 08-05-2004 at 07:27 AM

The options in Messenger Plus! are saved in the registry. So unless you have a backup of that, you've lost them. Even then, restoring/extracting from a previous backed up registry isn't that strait forward and not so easy to do and very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing (importing old hives, be very very carefull not to overwrite the existing ones).

RE: Restoring a previous installation of Messenger Plus by mikerobinson on 08-06-2004 at 01:40 AM

Thanks a lot for your help. Now all I have to do is try to open my registry backups and merge parts of them with my new one. Ugh!