Shoutbox

Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name (/showthread.php?tid=29551)

Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:11 PM

hey guys i have been using msn plus for over 2 years now and its one of my favorite programs, and i have been viewing the forum for about a year, i was thinking of a plug in where u can change your friends screen name by using a command like the /nick but of course with their permission something that would ask them and then change it. i dont think it would be too hard for you guys since u already made the one for the local pc. i undrestand the other user would have to have the plug in.

thanks in advance

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by RebelSean on 08-05-2004 at 07:14 PM

Hiya,

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

First of all, its Messenger Plus, but don't worry about it. And you can change your contacts name on YOUR list by doing: Plus>Preferences>Contact List>Custum Contact Name....
But, you can't change there custum name on there end, that would be an invasion of there privacy.;-)

Select the contact and put there name. ;-)

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:16 PM

no i mean like change their online name as everyone on their list would see the name u changed for them

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by RebelSean on 08-05-2004 at 07:21 PM

Tis okay, It don't make you rude. Please use the Edit button instead of double posting! ;-)

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:22 PM

ok sorry, but what do u think of my idea?

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by RebelSean on 08-05-2004 at 07:24 PM

I think it might be good, but it would be an invasion of privacy. As for what if they put something up that is rude? That would make me mad.:undecided:

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:26 PM

thats what i said in the begining, it asks them first lets say

themafia_69 would like to change your screen name to "Hello" would you like to change your screen name yes alt+C no Alt+x something like that

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by Weyzza on 08-05-2004 at 07:30 PM

A very weird and dodgy idea :-/

Why don't you just ask them to change it by asking them politely.

quote:
Originally posted by themafia_69
thats what i said in the begining, it asks them first lets say

themafia_69 would like to change your screen name to "Hello" would you like to change your screen name yes alt+C no Alt+x something like that

If that's possible, the other users have to install the plugin also.
RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:31 PM

i know they have to install the plug in too, thats what i said at the top of my post, but its better than telling them, they might be to lazy or other reasons

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by Weyzza on 08-05-2004 at 07:36 PM

Well, asking them to change their nick is better and more polite imo.

I don't want a window pops up asking me to change my nick to "Stupid jackass" while I'm chatting.
And there's a possiblity of flooding the contact there.

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-05-2004 at 07:37 PM

not a popup, in the conversation while your talking to a friend, like a file being sent

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by polarbear_ak on 08-06-2004 at 08:47 PM

I think the idea would be cool! I mean my name never changes.... just because I can never think of anything else to change it to, but if people are willing to come up with good name changes and all I have to do it hit accept or deny then it would be cool.  I tend to get really busy as well and  sometimes I changed my name to something just happening for today and I forget to change it back and normally I find out when if bugs the fuck out of my roommate and he is like change your name already...... There would have to be a block contract for it though, because we all know what happens late at night when your IM buddy has had a few to many beers or up to long and just feels like bing a dick.

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by cooldude_i06 on 08-06-2004 at 09:16 PM

if they want u to change ur name, y dont they just tell u what to change it to? :S

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by robertsjjr on 08-09-2004 at 11:58 PM

I mean ok not a bad idea... (hmmm) but I would not like people to keep sending me requests to change my name it frankly would piss me off lol.

So i think this aint that good (sorry) just my opinion lol. If someones screen name is annoying you ether ask them to change their name or give them a custom one.

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-10-2004 at 06:59 PM

im sorry to be so rude, but you guys cant read, because we already stated that if they keep pissing you off, then u can stop letting them bug u, READ EVERYTHING  before u reply ALL OF UR POSTS are contradicted in my first post, god

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by Martijn. on 08-10-2004 at 09:53 PM

OK, I am willing to do this: I'm trying to become a bit better at VBScript, and I have a feeling this should be possible (could be that it's not, I don't know yet, but I'll find out:)). I'm only doing this as an excersise, and it may take a while, but I'll start tomorrow mornig:).

And for all of you who think: "VBScript, WTF:S", you'll need this (3rd post in the thread).

Don't see this as a promise, but I'm going to try:).

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by themafia_69 on 08-10-2004 at 11:28 PM

thanks man, for trying to help out!

see my friend just asked me what should i change my screen name to, gimme a name to change it to

mod: double post.

RE: Plugin idea - Change Other peoples screen name by Martijn. on 08-11-2004 at 05:57 PM

Here you go:)