Shoutbox

help help help please - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: help help help please (/showthread.php?tid=29629)

help help help please by rita on 08-07-2004 at 03:28 PM

hi everybody

I can neither uninstall info pen nor messenger plus

please help

info pen: when I start the setup I get to choises cancel or uninstall and when I click uninstall nothing happens.

messenger plus I cannot find the uninstall. I tried to run the setup and all what it does is reinstall.

thank you

RE: help help help please by Tochjo on 08-07-2004 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rita
messenger plus I cannot find the uninstall. I tried to run the setup and all what it does is reinstall.
To uninstall, you should not run the setup file again. You should go to Start > Control Panel > Add/remove programs and pick Messenger Plus! 3 from the list.

I don't know anything about infopen, however.
RE: help help help please by rita on 08-07-2004 at 03:38 PM

thank you tochjo
thatīs right

I have also done the same with info pen I mean to remove it from control panel add remove but all what happens is that it is removed from the start but not from msn messenger menu

hope anyone can help me because I got a messege that my info pen is unregistered so I should uninstall it

RE: help help help please by Anubis on 08-07-2004 at 06:09 PM

Have you tried trying uninstalling then reinstalling and then hopefully the uninstall will then work, I think there was a case a while back where this fixed it, however like Tochjo I know little of infopen...

RE: help help help please by rita on 08-07-2004 at 06:20 PM

anubis
I want to uninstall info thatīs what I cannīt do so how are you asking me to uninstall and reinstall when I cannt uninstall

RE: help help help please by Ezra on 08-07-2004 at 08:50 PM

reinstall infopen and then uninstall, when you reinstall it, that should fix the uninstaller... Not sure btw :dodgy:

RE: help help help please by rita on 08-07-2004 at 09:20 PM

ezra I cannot even reinstall. when I run the install file I get 2 choices next to uninstall and cancel and when I click nexet nothing happens

RE: help help help please by ellmondo_64 on 08-07-2004 at 09:29 PM

well were did u download and install the folder to mabe u could try shuting msn compleatly down then go to the folder witch it is instaled in then deleat everthing in it. i dont no if that will work but is worth a try other wise try uninstalling msn then info pen then reinstall msn again??

RE: help help help please by matty on 08-07-2004 at 11:33 PM

This wont use the Installer for InfoPen this will use the MSI Installer to uninstall InfoPen.

Click Start > Run > Copy the following text and paste it in the run command.

code:
MsiExec.exe /X{ECE6DE3F-5E70-4CEC-A583-F7BF9E252A77}

Press ok
This will ask if you want to uninstall InfoPen say yes and the MSI Installer will uninstall it for you :)
RE: help help help please by rita on 08-07-2004 at 11:54 PM

thanks matty
but I want to ask you what does MSI mean and if you know why I could not uninstall it from the uninstall fil

RE: help help help please by matty on 08-08-2004 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rita
thanks matty
but I want to ask you what does MSI mean and if you know why I could not uninstall it from the uninstall fil
Not sure what MSI means but the uninstaller could have been corrupted for all we know. (I think MSI means Microsoft Script Installer but I bet I am wrong)

Did it work tho?
RE: help help help please by rita on 08-08-2004 at 12:08 AM

you know what Im still afraid to try it not because I donīt trust what you told me about but just because I having many problems with msg plus and plug ins and ink ....etc. But I will try it and I will tell you