Shoutbox

Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. (/showthread.php?tid=29649)

Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by guesswho on 08-07-2004 at 11:22 PM

Is it possible to get all the messages typed in a conversation filtered through a plugin, after activating it with a command, such as /xparsemessages. So that it could effectivly be turned on for the duration of a conversation rather than having to type a comand and use your message as a parameter.

Cheers for any help

Geoff

RE: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by Alpha Binary on 08-08-2004 at 09:29 AM

use stuffplug ng autotalker function

RE: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by guesswho on 08-08-2004 at 03:46 PM

Well, I need to be able to modify messages when they are sent and when they are recieved. And the limited maths capabilities of both Vb scripting and Javascript are not enough for my intended use.

Is there is another (even if its complicated) way of processing outgoing messages without having to type a command each time?

Cheers

Geoff

RE: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by CookieRevised on 08-09-2004 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guesswho
And the limited maths capabilities of both Vb scripting and Javascript are not enough for my intended use.
tbh, both have the same math capabilities then other languages... What else, apart from the basic calculations, do you need? I mean: with the basic calculations build in any language you can calculate everything else, that's why they are called basic calculations...
RE: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by guesswho on 08-09-2004 at 05:29 PM

I'll see what I can manage to put together in VBScript then.

RE: Is it possible to get all messages filtered through your plugin. by RaceProUK on 08-09-2004 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
VBScript or JavaScript aren't really the most speedy scripting languages around ;)
No scripting language is particularly speedy, due to the fact that they are interpreted. Unless of course you compile the scripts to machine code, but that's a whole other thing.