Shoutbox

Can I save my personalized names? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Can I save my personalized names? (/showthread.php?tid=29661)

Can I save my personalized names? by mxf80 on 08-08-2004 at 03:53 PM

Hello,

Is there any way to save my personalized names so when I install MSN Messenger again I don't have to write all the personalized names again for each of my 4 MSN accounts?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by bach_m on 08-08-2004 at 03:56 PM

yes. Open the preferences screen, and click the "save/load" button. tell it to export your settings, and then decide what you want to export. the "contact specific information" includes the custom names

:)

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by Menthix on 08-08-2004 at 10:08 PM

Also, when you un-install Messenger Plus! it will you will have an option to keep your settings. If you do that Plus! will automatically use your old settings again when you install it again.

Although it doesn't heart to do bach_m's suggestion, because i am not 100% sure if the un-installer saves costum names too. Maybe someone can confirm?

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by bach_m on 08-08-2004 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Although it doesn't heart to do bach_m's suggestion, because i am not 100% sure if the un-installer saves costum names too. Maybe can someone confirm?

i did it once, when i changed Email adresses.

wish i'd have remembered when i formatted...
RE: Can I save my personalized names? by mxf80 on 08-15-2004 at 04:00 PM

Hello,

I can confirm that the un-installer DOES NOT saves costum names. That's why I was asking for a way to save custom names. It worked with bach_m advice.

Thanks guys!

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by cooldude_i06 on 08-15-2004 at 11:10 PM

Speaking of personalized names, i want to bring up another issue. When you have a long name, and you set a personalized status, Plus! takes out the formatting and makes the name smaller so it can add the {} for custom status in the end. It changes ur name back to the original one when u set ur status to online. This is fine as long as you change ur status back to online. If, however, you exit msn while u have a customized status, u lose ur name forever (atleast i do).

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by lopardo on 08-15-2004 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
personalized names, i want to bring up another issue. When you have a long name, and you set a personalized status, Plus! takes out the formatting and makes the name smaller so it can add the {} for custom status in the end. It changes ur name back to the original one when u set ur status to online. This is fine as long as you change ur status back to online. If, however, you exit msn while u have a customized status, u lose ur name forev
Go to Plus! > Preferences > Personalised status, and uncheck "Shorten my name when I use a status tag".
RE: Can I save my personalized names? by cooldude_i06 on 08-16-2004 at 05:39 AM

thats exactly what im talking about lopardo, if i use that feature and exit msn while i have a custom status, i wont get my name back....

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by lopardo on 08-16-2004 at 06:36 AM

Looks like a bug, disable that feature if you want.

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by Patchou on 08-16-2004 at 07:05 AM

Your name should be restored by Plus! next time you log-on, however, this will work only if you log-on back on the same computer, else, Plus! will jsut detect the tag and remove it (which will leave the truncated name)... can you tell me if this is what you're experiencing?

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by lopardo on 08-16-2004 at 07:10 AM

I tried it again, and this time it worked ^o) Maybe the first time my name couldn't be restored because of my connection. I'll remove my post in Bug reports.

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by cooldude_i06 on 08-20-2004 at 05:49 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i think i have found another bug in custom names. When i create a multiline nickname using the /nick command and sign out and sign back in, the character equivalent to (enter) is gone and my nick is no longer multilined. Sorry if this has already been brought up

RE: Can I save my personalized names? by Patchou on 08-20-2004 at 06:41 PM

Well, that's strange but multi-line nicks are not officially supported by me or MSN :)