Shoutbox

messenger plus not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: messenger plus not working (/showthread.php?tid=29691)

messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-09-2004 at 05:38 AM

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I have MSN Messenger 6.2 right now and I installed Messenger Plus. After I installed it, it logged me into my MSN Messenger but it's still the way it was before. I don't see any change in it and at the top, it says MSN Messenger. I looked through my Start menu and I didnt see any tab for Messenger Plus. I even downloaded it again a second time and the same thing happened. Can anybody please help me?

And also, my current MSN Messenger's language is on Korean but I would like to change it to English because I'm not fluent enough in it to understand. Does anybody know how to change the language?

Thank you.

RE: messenger plus not working by lopardo on 08-09-2004 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by han4rang
I don't see any change in it and at the top, it says MSN Messenger.
Plus adds a menu to Messenger's main menu bar, do you have it?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=288941]

quote:
I looked through my Start menu and I didnt see any tab for Messenger Plus.
Plus doesn't add a menu in the Start menu, it executes itself automatically at Windows startup. Did the installation complete succesfully (with no error messages)? What Windows version are you using? If you're using Windows XP, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to the Processes tab, and look for MsgPlus.exe. If it isn't there, close Messenger, execute Plus manually and restart Messenger. Is it there now?

quote:
And also, my current MSN Messenger's language is on Korean but I would like to change it to English because I'm not fluent enough in it to understand. Does anybody know how to change the language?
Check my answer in the other thread.
RE: messenger plus not working by Anubis on 08-09-2004 at 08:36 AM

1) Check the tabs at the top of the conversation window menu bar and main Messenger window menu bar...Remember Plus! isn't a program that you run, it hooks into MSN Messenger to make it look like it's part of MSN Messenger...

2) If this is not the case, you may be using a :dodgy: patched version of MSN Messenger...

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-10-2004 at 09:32 PM

Oh ok. Thanks. But there's something else I noticed. Doesn't Messenger Plus come with the tabs at the bottom of the messages where you can either write, draw, etc etc? This is what mine looks like.

[Image: notab.bmp]

thats the IM on top and thats my buddy list on the bottom. Why does mine look different from others?

RE: messenger plus not working by lopardo on 08-10-2004 at 09:39 PM

Because you have Plus but don't have the handwriting plugin, which is what you want. Get it from http://www.mess.be/.

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-10-2004 at 10:29 PM

Oh are they plugins that you need to get separately?

RE: messenger plus not working by ddunk on 08-10-2004 at 10:34 PM

Yes, they're separate plugins, have a look at this thread - Ink/Handwriting Plugin Everything you need to know right here

RE: messenger plus not working by lopardo on 08-11-2004 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Yes, they're separate plugins
Well, not exactly, Plus is an add-on, handwriting is plugin for Plus :)
RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-11-2004 at 01:21 AM

If you scroll back up to one of my posts, I posted up a picture of part of my messenger. Why does it look different from other's?

RE: messenger plus not working by lopardo on 08-11-2004 at 01:29 AM

What looks different?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=288941]
This is the main MSN Messenger window with Plus, no difference (except for the language :)).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=289896]
This is a conversation window. Are you talking about what I marked with a red rectangle? In that case, that's the handwriting plugin...

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-11-2004 at 11:54 PM

The top of my IMs and main messenger is different.

RE: messenger plus not working by marissa on 08-12-2004 at 12:05 AM

Yes, thats what plus! adds to let you access all the features (in preferences.) Try them all out, im sure you'll find them useful.:)

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-12-2004 at 12:33 AM

O.O;; It would have been a lot smarter to actually read everything before posting..

I meant, the tops of my IMs and main messenger is different than how other's have theirs when they have Plus. Mine is the same as how it was before I got Plus.

RE: messenger plus not working by lopardo on 08-12-2004 at 12:56 AM

I don't get what you mean :undecided:

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-12-2004 at 01:34 AM

When you look at the top where it says File, etc etc. the style is different when you have Plus than regular MSN Messenger. After I got Plus, my messenger's style stayed the same.

RE: messenger plus not working by matty on 08-12-2004 at 02:02 AM

quote:
When you look at the top where it says File, etc etc. the style is different when you have Plus than regular MSN Messenger. After I got Plus, my messenger's style stayed the same.
Post a screenshot of that, I would like to see what your actually talking about. :)
RE: messenger plus not working by marissa on 08-12-2004 at 02:53 AM

quote:
The top of my IMs and main messenger is different.
quote:
O.O;; It would have been a lot smarter to actually read everything before posting..

I meant, the tops of my IMs and main messenger is different than how other's have theirs when they have Plus. Mine is the same as how it was before I got Plus.

I did read the whole thread, thanks.

RE: messenger plus not working by han4rang on 08-12-2004 at 02:58 AM

see how it looks the same as regular MSN Messenger?

[Image: plus.bmp]

RE: messenger plus not working by marissa on 08-12-2004 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
Yes, thats what plus! adds to let you access all the features (in preferences.) Try them all out, im sure you'll find them useful.:)

I just explained how it only adds the "Plus!" thing on the top. Its not like a brand new msn messenger with a different look and such.
RE: messenger plus not working by matty on 08-12-2004 at 03:28 AM

If I am understanding right the Plus! menu did not become the same font style as your other menus? If thats right its because it wont. The word Plus! is hard coded into the Messenger Plus! hook process and cannot be changed.

Now if thats not what your talking about and you mean that the look of your MSN Messenger stayed the same compared to other pictures you have seen on the forum that is because they are using a program in order to add a new GUI (Graphical User Interface) to Windows.

Also don't get mad at marissa for trying to help. If you could actually understand and make sense of what you are trying to type it might make it easier for us to help you. By saying that...

quote:
After I installed it, it logged me into my MSN Messenger but it's still the way it was before. I don't see any change in it and at the top, it says MSN Messenger.
All we get from that is that the top of MSN Messenger says MSN Messenger like it should. The only time it will change is if you have a Personal Status or an Away Message set. It will say Personalized Status - MSN Messenger.

Cheers,
Matty