Shoutbox

[IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced (/showthread.php?tid=29695)

[IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced by waax on 08-09-2004 at 07:39 AM

Hello All.

I found it a good idea to be able to add personalised smileys in MSN Messenger. But I find too bad standard smileys could not be changed with personal ones (for example, it's not possible to associate a new smiley to the ": - )" shortcut. Same with all standard shortcuts). Maybe could the next version of MSN Msg Plus! fix this issue in order to provide a better personalised Messenger ? [Image: tongue.gif]
Thanks to the team for their excellent work!
Waax

RE: [IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced by Anubis on 08-09-2004 at 08:11 AM

There is a kind of work around, if you set an emoticon of your own to have the same exact command as the original your custom emotion will be used every time...like if you wanted your own :p emoticon to be the default one you would set it up like this
[Image: attachment.php?pid=288971]
Now whenever you use that emoticon it will be your own and not the default one, as long as you type the emoticon command or select the custom emoticon from the drop down menu...
Also please do not call it MSN MSG Plus, for legal reasons its better to leave out the MSN from the title...
Edit: Forgot to mention you need Stuffplug-NG is needed

RE: [IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced by waax on 08-09-2004 at 09:11 AM

Hi Anubis.

That's what I tryed, but MSN Messenger answers I cannot do and the following error message is displayed : "La combinaison de touches saisie est déjà utilisée par une émoticône MSN Messenger. Sélectionner une autre combinaison de touches" (Meaning something like "The selected keys combination is already used for an MSN Messenger emoticon.  Select another keys combination"). I'm using MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 French. That's the reason why I think it would be nice is Messenger Plus! extension could fix this problem. ;-)

Waax

RE: [IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced by TGG on 08-09-2004 at 09:44 AM

Stuffplug-NG 0.6.1 contains that feature

RE: [IMPROVEMENT] Standard smileys replaced by Tochjo on 08-09-2004 at 09:44 AM

If you use StuffPlug NG, you can enable this option and do what Anubis said. You can download StuffPlug NG from http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29190 - however, read that entire thread before asking new questions :)