Shoutbox

Is it possible to..... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is it possible to..... (/showthread.php?tid=29741)

Is it possible to..... by Capo on 08-10-2004 at 11:42 AM

I was wondering if its possible to create shortcuts for msn to login to specified
accounts automatically ie:

Shortcut 1 loads MSN and signs into account 1 "email@hotmail.com"
Shortcut 2 loads MSN and signs into account 2 "email2@hotmail.com"

Tho this is possible if you do it manually ide like to have both accounts automatically signed in when i start my PC.

If its not already possible mabys someone could make a new version of MSNloaded that has the ability to use switches so u could create the shortcut ie:

MSNloader.exe -offline -email@hotmail.com -password

just for example :)

Cheers

RE: Is it possible to..... by bach_m on 08-10-2004 at 02:25 PM

hmm.... this isn't possible to do. sorry

RE: Is it possible to..... by EvilSeph on 08-10-2004 at 02:43 PM

No matter how many times you reinstall MSN Messenger to whichever directory, it still uses the same registry keys and so doing what you want to isn't possible, yet.

RE: RE: Is it possible to..... by Capo on 08-10-2004 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
No matter how many times you reinstall MSN Messenger to whichever directory, it still uses the same registry keys and so doing what you want to isn't possible, yet.

well if thats the case woudlnt it be possible to make something that changes the registry for the first account to logon then changes it for the second account. Like changin the automatic logon key to 1 or on and changin the user login details.

ps: i ment all with 1 install of msn messenger just incase you got the wrong idea :)
RE: Is it possible to..... by RaceProUK on 08-10-2004 at 11:08 PM

Yes it would. And it wouldn't be too hard either.

RE: Is it possible to..... by Sk3tch on 08-10-2004 at 11:13 PM

You could however (if it was made) have a program to sign in on a specific account set.. and have two of them set to different accounts.

But thats just an example :)

RE: Is it possible to..... by Capo on 08-11-2004 at 10:21 AM

im guessing this could be done with 2 reg files msnloader and a cupple of batch scripts. (thats bout the only thing i could figure out to do it with lol)

could anyone tell me where all the registry keys are for msn messenger thanks.

Ive got
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MessengerService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

Is there anymore?

Does anyone know here the login settings are stored?

RE: Is it possible to..... by CookieRevised on 08-11-2004 at 11:41 AM

There are many many more which relate to MSN Messenger. But none of them relate to the default sign in account. This isn't stored in any "MSN Messenger"-related registry key. But it is stored in the Windows Credentials and as far as I know (didn't looked into it in detail though) this isn't stored in the registry, but encrypted in some external files in one of your data folders for your windows account...

Remember that the .NET Passport thing isn't for MSN Messenger alone, but can be used all over Windows and on many sites on the internet. It isn't something from MSN Messenger. It is just something that MSN Messenger also uses...

RE: RE: Is it possible to..... by Capo on 08-11-2004 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There are many many more which relate to MSN Messenger. But none of them relate to the default sign in account. This isn't stored in any "MSN Messenger"-related registry key. But it is stored in the Windows Credentials and as far as I know (didn't looked into it in detail though) this isn't stored in the registry, but encrypted in some external files in one of your data folders for your windows account...

Remember that the .NET Passport thing isn't for MSN Messenger alone, but can be used all over Windows and on many sites on the internet. It isn't something from MSN Messenger. It is just something that MSN Messenger also uses...

ok cheers for that m8

anyone have any ideas? there's some bright ppl here someone must have a suggestion at least.